Can we predict mining rate?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:32 pm

• Is there a schedule on the mining rate? i.e. 1st mine is 9 per day, second mine is 11 per day etc... And does a captured mine still produce at the same rate? I thought I saw in a game the the rate changed upon take over. Does anyone else notice this?
    jj manji

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:06 pm

• jj manji wrote:Is there a schedule on the mining rate? i.e. 1st mine is 9 per day, second mine is 11 per day etc...
    Yes, but it depends on the state of your empire. For every mine you have, each outpost earns you 1 per day.

So with 1 mine and 11 outposts, it will be 11 Neptunium per day.
    If you drill a second mine, your rate goes up to 2 * 11 = 22 Neptunium a day.
    If you then lose an outpost, it goes back to 2 * 10 = 20 Neptunium a day.

So while you can predict your own mining rate pretty well, it's hard to predict that of an opponent. Is he gonna overtake outposts or lose them? Is he gonna drill another mine?

And does a captured mine still produce at the same rate? I thought I saw in a game the the rate changed upon take over. Does anyone else notice this?
    It does, because after capture it belongs to another player. So the mining rate will be THEIR amount of mines * THEIR amount of outposts.

Hope this helps! :)
    stefan

Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:28 pm

• with 1 mine and 11 outposts, it will be 11 Neptunium per day.
    If you drill a second mine, your rate goes up to 2 * 11 = 22 Neptunium a day.
    If you then lose an outpost, it goes back to 2 * 10 = 20 Neptunium a day.

Mines are counted in total outposts when calculating Neptunium earned. In Stefan's examples you'd actually receive 12 and 26 Neptunium per day, respectively.

From the Mining section of the Rulebook:

Mines produce 1 Kilo of Neptunium per day per outpost you own. If you have 7 outposts, two of which are mines, you will gain 14 Kilos of Neptunium per day (7 * 2 = 14). If you lose control of a mine, you also lose 20% of your Neptunium, and the production timer of the mine is reset. Note that the player taking the mine from you does NOT gain any Neptunium, only an increased mining rate.
    habaddon

Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:54 am

• Apologies, yes you are correct. Total number of outposts, including mines. Thanks for the correction!
    stefan

Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:07 am

• Also of note is specifically how owned outposts increase mining rate, as the game isn't very explicit about it. Unlike Factories, Mines don't have a set production interval.

That is, say you have 12 outposts, a Mine will give 12 Np per day. If it were like a Factory, every 8 hours you would gain 4 Np. Rather, it will generate 1 Np every 2 hours. If you get another outpost, that will increase to 1 Np every ~1 hour and 50 minutes.

Mining rate: (1 * Mines) Np every (24 / Outposts) hours.
    Last edited by kalzekdor on Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
    kalzekdor

Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:04 am

• Let's take it another step further. :D This is something I read from someone else and it makes sense: each mine starts mining the moment it is built.

So let's say you build two mines, 15 minutes apart. Then 15 minutes after your first mine drills 1 neptunium, the other mine will drill your second Neptunium. But then you'll have to wait for the first mine to finish its cycle. So it's possible to get 2 Neptunium in 15 minutes and then have to wait for example 70 minutes for the 3rd Neptunium.
    stefan

Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:57 am

• Anybody know the priority of changes to outpost count? I.e., say your next outpost increases mining rate by 30 minutes. If you have a Mine that is 20 minutes away from producing its next Np at the time of capture, what happens? Does it produce 1 Np immediately and start a new cycle? Does it produce 1 Np and jump 10 minutes into the next cycle? Or does it still wait 20 minutes, and the new rate only start to apply on the next cycle?
    kalzekdor

Return to Questions

Information