Mutli-Game Deals

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:52 pm

• My original thoughts were that a multi-game deal was some kind of actual deal, for instance; I'll help you win this game, if you play the next one with me and let me win. Or something a long the lines of: I'll give you Outpost A if you give me your inspector in the other game we are currently in. Both of these situations are obviously unfair multi-game deals. But it appears that the general consensus is that any type of agreement made between 2 players counts as a multi-game deal. Most people feel allying with your friend is cheating.

However, my personal opinion is that if people allied with their friends the way they allied with other people it wouldn't be a problem. I'm playing a game with a friend of mine right now, but I'm currently plotting how to destroy him.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:49 am

• I do agree with your point to of view but as you said the consensus especially on this thread is that two players cannot join the same game with the intent to ally against all others, thus I should be entitled to report them...
    Basically, I have nothing to lose by trying to report them right? So how do I do that? And more importantly will the developers let me know what they decided? Actually I am more interested in their opinion regarding multi game deals, I don't really care whether my opponents will get punished of not.
    ruka

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:22 am

• It seems we need the social matrix mentioned on this page under "SOME IMPACTFUL FEATURE IDEAS" http://blog.subterfuge-game.com/

Without the social matrix, ranked play is completely flawed because anyone can have a multi game deal with a real life friend or with themselves using another account on another device.

This also means that you can become easily suspicious of players who are attacking you with no end in sight, they just send 6 drillers all the time with no tactics, they just do it blindly? Are they dumb or are they the same person who you are allied with elsewhere?

I love this game, but the lack of a social matrix makes me want to quit along with the other 12,000 people since I bought the level 2 pass. This great game is so close to being so much more.

:(
    Last edited by cyberjk on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cyberjk

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 am

• I looked at the code of conduct today and multigame deals and multi boxing seem to have been removed. Am I missing something.
    davygravy

Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:24 am

• davygravy wrote:I looked at the code of conduct today and multigame deals and multi boxing seem to have been removed. Am I missing something.

They were removed from the rules. As for my opinion, I highly enjoy playing with friends. The problems I've encountered...
    1) accusations: I've been accused of multi-accounting because I played a very useful strat with a friend IRL and my friends ended a mining game with 60 bases and over 1,000 production, which made it look like he and I double-accounted.
    2) extra-info: If you're allied with your friend IRL you'll know more about him than other players do.

As for things that were an issue, you still don't have to hold an alliance. Sure, the bond between you and your friends is stronger than with random people, but if it came down to me or a friend to medal, of course I'd backstab them. Also, you do encounter players who will stick with you; even if you're not friends IRL. I played a game with a great player, who always kept his word; I could completely demilitarize my border without fear because this person wouldn't beckstab me. I even tried to get him to attack someone else who was his ally, but he would not do it. I think the non-committal alliance system in the game makes playing with friends okay.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 pm

• My brother and I both play this game, but we don't ally by default. Actually, I find myself fighting him more often than I fight other players I bump into a lot. Perhaps that would be less true with one of my irl friends, but I think it's more fun when I don't trust my brother.
    We did establish way back when we started playing this game that we wouldn't be allies by default, so maybe we're an odd case compared to other irl friends who don't have that "We can attack each other" agreement in place. If one of those people *is* reading this, I'd recommend making that agreement. It's far more interesting, and it removes the awkward, "How could you do that to me?" conversation.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:51 pm

• roadkiehl wrote:My brother and I both play this game, but we don't ally by default. Actually, I find myself fighting him more often than I fight other players I bump into a lot. Perhaps that would be less true with one of my irl friends, but I think it's more fun when I don't trust my brother.

I started playing this game with 5 friends and the first game we played was a little bit of a love affair and nobody really attacked anybody except for the leader. However, after the 1st game it was carnage. And then we started playing games with randoms as well. Was it a disadvantage to those 4 randoms joining a 10 player game with 6 friends? Hell no, they were our best allies to help us obliterate our friends.

It's become a joke that if we run into each other in matches that we are almost auto-enemies for bragging rights. Sadly only 2 of us remain playing so it's less common. But it sure was fun!
    Champinoman

Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:28 pm

• I think it only becomes a problem when you play with a friend, if your friend doesn't care about the game. If I played with a friend I would still play to win even if it was at their expense, but if your friend just got the game and didn't really care about it, they might just gift you everything, and that it isn't really fair.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:52 am

• davygravy wrote:I looked at the code of conduct today and multigame deals and multi boxing seem to have been removed.

Well now that changes everything. So we can assume that multi boxing and multi-game deals is now okay? Can I announce it to everyone?
    ruka

Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:53 am

• #quitsgame
    cyberjk

PreviousNext

Return to Questions

Information