Sub Combat between Outposts in a Line

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• Suppose there are three outposts situated in a line as: A ---- B ---- C

I launch a sub from A destined for C. Will a sub launched from B to A engage in sub-to-sub combat with the sub destined for C?
    maiver

• No. Subs will only engage each other if they are sent A-->B and B-->A.
    Pirates are the exception to the rule. And they are a big exception; if someone sends two subs from A-->B, and you have a pirate at B, you can intercept the second sub, despite being on the same path as the first.
    jaykay077

• jaykay077 wrote:No. Subs will only engage each other if they are sent A-->B and B-->A.
    Pirates are the exception to the rule. And they are a big exception; if someone sends two subs from A-->B, and you have a pirate at B, you can intercept the second sub, despite being on the same path as the first.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but a pirate passing the first sub and engaging the second is exactly following that rule.
    kinc4id

• So, a pirate departing from A to chase a queen who is travelling from B to C would not be blown up by a martyr travelling from B to A?
    maiver

• Yes, the pirate would be unaffected, unless of course the martyr hit a different sub and the pirate happened to be in the blast radius.

The only thing that could intercept that pirate is another pirate.
    lackofcheese

• lackofcheese wrote:Yes, the pirate would be unaffected, unless of course the martyr hit a different sub and the pirate happened to be in the blast radius.

The only thing that could intercept that pirate is another pirate.

I can confirm this:

Pirate starting from Tamir to Feld:

Pirate passing the first sub:

Pirate triggering the Martyr:
    kinc4id

Return to Questions

Information