How is neptunium paid out?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:15 pm

• As the title says.

What is the mechanism for neptunium to be paid? The rules state it is 1kilo per base for each mine you hold each day.
    But is that paid out as a lump sum, e.g. at midnight each day, or is the payment staggered out over 24 hours.
    What happens when I build or take over a new mine, do I get a lump sum, or do I need to wait for the next 24 hour payment?
    Any advice/guidance will be gratefully received
    5ax0n

Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:26 pm

• 5ax0n wrote:As the title says.

What is the mechanism for neptunium to be paid? The rules state it is 1kilo per base for each mine you hold each day.
    But is that paid out as a lump sum, e.g. at midnight each day, or is the payment staggered out over 24 hours.
    What happens when I build or take over a new mine, do I get a lump sum, or do I need to wait for the next 24 hour payment?

When you tap a mine you see when this mine will produce the next neptunium. As far as I know this timer is constant, this means when the timer is at 1 hour when you take it you should get 1 np in 1 hour. This also means if you take a mine 10 minutes before the timer runs out and lose it 10 minutes after you get 1 np and the other player has lost an entire day of production.
    kinc4id

Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:07 pm

• kinc4id wrote:
    5ax0n wrote:As the title says.

When you tap a mine you see when this mine will produce the next neptunium. As far as I know this timer is constant, this means when the timer is at 1 hour when you take it you should get 1 np in 1 hour. This also means if you take a mine 10 minutes before the timer runs out and lose it 10 minutes after you get 1 np and the other player has lost an entire day of production.

Well, not an entire day of production. They would lose one neptunium by not having their outpost at that time.

Another thing I want to point out is that each mine has its own mining cycle. I.e. If I control 12 territories and one of those territories is a mine, that mine would produce 1 neptunium every 2 hours. If I drilled a second mine, then that mine also drills one neptunium every two hours starting from the moment I drill that mine. Therefore, I could theoretically get a neptunium at 11 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm, 1:30 pm, and so forth. Having two mines does not necessarily give you 1 neptunium every hour in this situation.

Neptunium is also mined full units. You can't have half a neptunium.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:21 pm

Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:00 am

• roadkiehl wrote:Another thing I want to point out is that each mine has its own mining cycle. I.e. If I control 12 territories and one of those territories is a mine, that mine would produce 1 neptunium every 2 hours. If I drilled a second mine, then that mine also drills one neptunium every two hours starting from the moment I drill that mine. Therefore, I could theoretically get a neptunium at 11 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm, 1:30 pm, and so forth. Having two mines does not necessarily give you 1 neptunium every hour in this situation.

Oh, right, totally forgot that mines produce one np for every outpost you have. So forget what I said. It was late here. :D
    kinc4id

Return to Questions

Information