Chance of hackers?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm

• This is a question more for the devs or people who know how this works (as I have no idea how games run):
    According to some blog posts, Subterfuge is 100% deterministic in nature, meaning any game can be easily resimulated over and over without error using the correct seed. This allows devs to observe changes applied, and how it would have affected games in the past (something something divergence?)
    I assume that means it should be impossible to modify the game in any way(ie adding drillers) as when the server resimulates the game it will find a discrepancy and notify the devs?
    That is a very ingenious way both to troubleshoot and to stop hackers, if that's the case!
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:53 pm

• I'm no computer genius but what you say makes sense. If you wanted to hack subterfuge, you'd likely have to break several laws and gain access to their severs. Which is probably way more effort than it's worth.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:13 pm

• I've actually already hacked this game several times.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:33 pm

• topkilla wrote:I've actually already hacked this game several times.

:o :?: How would you have done it? Unless you are literally connected to the Subterfuge servers, I don't know how you could change anything.
    Then again, I'm not very computer literate (the proudest computer thing I did was making a Gmod vehicle that could drive and fly).
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Return to Questions

Information