Should eliminated players produce drillers?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• I can't find anything in the rules. But the time machine is showing me an eliminated player building up drillers.
    pdex

• yes it still produce and the shield still raised, the same goes for resign player. i confirm it.
    crisismana

• I know it seems weird that an eliminated empire still produces drillers, but it's better for the game balance.
    If these outposts would stop producing drillers, it would be really easy for neigbours to take over these outposts and get an advantage over players who still have active neigbours.
    stefan

• Can this be mentioned in the rules or a tutorial? I understand how it keeps things balanced, but it's still a surprise.
    pdex

• It is mentioned in the rulebook that an eliminated player's factories still produce drillers and their outpost's shields still recharge.
    "You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done." - Kofi Annan.
    gis4gamer

• I think it's brilliant for game balance that they continue to build.
    There are a couple of opportunities that come from this Situation:

1) take over their generators ASAP to reduce the drill cap; the resigned/eliminated players factories will stop producing too many drillers

2) leave them and gift even more subs to the resigned outposts -- creating a "defensive wall" against you and other players. If they want to take the outposts, it will severely cost them. ;)

I did option 2 in my last game; after eliminating a player, another stronger player wanted to steal the idle outposts. So I sent gifts that arrived before he landed to weaken the stronger player ... Ended up eliminating him too. Lol
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

• stefan wrote:I know it seems weird that an eliminated empire still produces drillers, but it's better for the game balance.

I don't even think it's weird. I always imagine the ruler of the empire told his factories: "Produce drillers as fast as possible end never rest, we are at war!" And so they do, dedicating every single minute they are not eating or sleeping in keeping up the factories, maybe not even knowing their empire already broke down. Poor guys.
    kinc4id

• You're a good story teller :)
    kinc4id wrote: I always imagine the ruler of the empire told his factories: "Produce drillers as fast as possible end never rest, we are at war!" And so they do, dedicating every single minute they are not eating or sleeping in keeping up the factories, maybe not even knowing their empire already broke down. Poor guys.
    stefan

Return to Questions

Information