Solution to multiboxing / existing alliance

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

Which solution would you like implemented?

1. Presentation of players and game history
59%
2. Random allocation of game server
29%
3. Post game publication without fog of war
12%

Total votes : 17

• I am a big fan of the game with only one, although potentially fatal, flaw - persistent alliances and / or multiboxing. I don't want to play with friends, I prefer playing a game with strangers *where I am sure they are all strangers to eachother*. I have three solutions that would largely solve the problem each on its own but can be combined:

1. Before a game starts (so you can choose to join / start or not), a presentation of each player including
    i) how many games they have played together with any of the other players joining
    ii) verified location, at least down to city level

2. Instead of picking specific public games, specify what type of game and get allocated randomly

3. Publicizing game without fog of war after each game is done and showing it on the profile of each participant
    optional - allow players comment on the replay and player profiles. That way they can be identified for later games and any ranking gain from multiboxing will be tainted
    kjwatts

• Agreed on solution 1 being simple and effective; I made the exact same suggestion in a feedback email just a few days ago, I'm glad to see others who agree. I feel like this alows people who have genuinely fair intentions to still invite friends to a game, while giving other players enough information about potential pre-existing alliances
    ks command force

• I voted to solution 1. But I have something want to add on.

I think it is not good to display verified location. Because I think people may use your bedtime period to launch a sub that is very close to your outpost and by the time you wake up, you are too late to response.
    TRUST is my fundamental strategy to win.
    kevin char

• kevin char wrote:I voted to solution 1. But I have something want to add on.

I think it is not good to display verified location. Because I think people may use your bedtime period to launch a sub that is very close to your outpost and by the time you wake up, you are too late to response.

The thing is, people still do try and find out your gameplay schedule and send an attack when you are asleep. What you are taking about is possible, just a bit harder currently
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Return to Questions

Information