How Administrators access your account?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• I was talking to Noel the other day about a bug issue, and he simply went on my account for inspection. I don't mind this at all, but I'm wondering if you guys actually fetch our password, or do you just automatically enter any account at ease?
    taksang

• I'm don't know exactly what he did of course, but it's very much possible to do lots of things without going into your account.

Each game has a name and a unique ID. Also, each game is 100% predictable/deterministic as long as you know the moves that are scheduled. This means that once you've scheduled an order, the devs can view the game and see how those orders will play out, also maybe without the fog of war as to include orders of other players.

They've paused a game I was in, in order to fix a bug in our specific game, after which it was unpaused and we could continue playing.

So there might be (maybe, maybe not) a difference between taking a look at how things look from your point of view, and actually accessing your account information. I'm hoping they've got passwords stored securely.
    stefan

• I saw the post and he said he just logged on to his account to prevent him from being auto resigned.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• taksang wrote:but I'm wondering if you guys actually fetch our password

I would be extremely confident in assuming that they did not fetch your password and use it to login. They will have measures in place to access your account without the need to violate your privacy in that regard.
    Champinoman

Return to Questions

Information