Creating New Games Questions

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:45 pm

• 1) Can I create a Private Game, then convert it to a Public Game after some people have joined (and before actually starting it)

2) If I force start a game before it's full, what happens? Does the map redistribute starting locations, leave missing player spaces neutral, or something else?

3) Does the game automatically start when full, or do I need to manually start it?

Thanks!
    hildogen

Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:10 pm

• 1. I don't believe there is a way to do that.

2. The map will regenerate for how ever people are currently in game. You have an 8 hour wait as opposed to the normal 4 hour one, so that people have time to examine the new map.

3. Yes. There is a 4 hour wait before the game actually starts, but if you quit during it, it's considered resigning.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:56 am

• hildogen wrote:1) Can I create a Private Game, then convert it to a Public Game after some people have joined (and before actually starting it)

This indeed can't be done. What you could do, if your friends are available at the time you create the game, is invite them so they can join quickly. Also, if you're available for a bit after you create the game, you can monitor who joins, and kick out players you don't know until you're sure your friends joined.
    stefan

Return to Questions

Information