How to upload a screenshot of an in-game situation

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• Step 1, making the screenshot
    On Android, press the power off/on button and volume down at the same time.
    On iOS, press the power off/on button and the home button at the same time.

1.jpg
    Android key combination
    1.jpg (25.36 KiB) Viewed 16817 times

Step 2, getting the screenshot onto your computer
    Then either through USB or through email get your screenshot on your computer.

2.png
    Send screenshot through email
    2.png (36.04 KiB) Viewed 16817 times

Step 3, resizing the screenshot
    When you upload an image that has a very large resolution, for example the resolution of current smartphones, the forum will try to display it at full size, but cut off the preview because it's so big. To prevent this, you'll want to open the screenshot in imaging editing software (Microsoft Paint, GIMP or other free software will do) and resize it to ~30%.

3.png
    Downscale image (using GIMP in this example)
    3.png (63.1 KiB) Viewed 16817 times

Step 4, uploading the screenshot
    Then, on the forums, when typing a message, under the "Submit" button there are some options. There is also the "Upload attachment" tab, where you can navigate to your image on your computer and upload it.
    After uploading, you can let the forum put your images at the end of the post, or you can choose to place them inline, if you want to tell a story accompanied by screenshots.

4.png
    Upload attachment
    4.png (11.03 KiB) Viewed 16817 times
    stefan

• you can skip that no 2. and press choose file at mobile when reply or create topic. just make sure you had file under 250 kb.
    Attachments
    Screenshot_2016-01-09-15-34-43.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-09-15-34-43.png (222.32 KiB) Viewed 16817 times
    crisismana

• True! That will however also skip step 3 and you'll end up with a gigantic image on the forums. ;-)
    stefan

• I just upload directly from my phone. And when I preview my messages they don't look like huge images but I'm sure on a PC they are probably pretty big, are big images a problem for PC users?
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

• Not so much a problem as they are a mess.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• I just logged on to the forums on my pc to upload an excel doc that I made. Wow. You're right. That's.... that's.... Those pictures are bigger than your PC screen and you have to scroll up and down to see it all. That is pretty annoying...

Side note: The mobile version of the forums is much nicer than the desktop version.
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

• The mobile version looks weird for me, things don't fill the screen properly and I have difficulty formatting things the way I wish.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• It would be nice if the screenshots we took we small enough to upload directly to the website. First world problem I guess.
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

• "sorry the board attachment quota has been rached"

to day i want to post a pic on forum but when i try to add the file or submit the post. i get this warning and cant post the pic. i am sure the size was correct and i have no idea how to solve this.
    crisismana

Return to Questions

Information