Capture Queen 1 minute before relief sub

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• I am in route to a base where my opponent queen is. My sub lands 1 minute before his sub will land. His sub has a few more drills than my sub. When I look at combat preview, it shows my capture of his queen. When I watch timer, it shows he wins and captures me. I have a navigator on board and can reroute but if I capture his queen I would sacrifice. Which is right? Combat preview or timer?
    admnimitz

• Both are right, you will capture her queen, but since another sub arrives in the same tick, both actions are done simultaneously and queen stays alive.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• It depends. If you capture the queen ( even only dorbone minute) then he is elimanted diesnt matter if he will recapture it if it doestn show the captured queen in the tine machine renavigate.
    Reas: if you capture a Queen hes elimanted doesnt matter if he wilm recapture it
    iybdi

• No, because they are on the same tick.

Say, the other person launched 10 minutes later, then doesn't matter if they recaptured, true.

But since both subs arrive on the same tick they cancel out and queen lives.

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• Nevertheless, the game is real time, not 10 minute intervals. The queen would still be captured for 1 minute resulting in death.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• aclonicy wrote:Nevertheless, the game is real time, not 10 minute intervals. The queen would still be captured for 1 minute resulting in death.

No, both actions would be done at exactly the same time.

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• I rerouted and didn't try for the capture so I don't know. It was just too close. I've had sub close calls before and timer was always right.

I did capture the queen about a day later though.
    admnimitz

• This has happened to me. I captured another's player's queen and he recaptured it in about 2-3 minutes. Since it was on the same tick his Queen stayed alive and he continued playing. We became friends afterwards :-)

It's a little bit confusing, that's why I post it here for future reference.
    temkin

• Thank you temkin!
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Return to Questions

Information