-The Questions Bounty Board-

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Wed May 04, 2016 2:35 pm

• He was out for hydraulic fluid! If the Martyr doesn't get it, then the 57 will!
    rlin81

Fri May 06, 2016 7:19 am

• So I did some experimenting with my friend the Pirate. An Ally was gifting another Ally a small bundle of drillers (15) and my pirate was in the area.
    The game was nearly over and I wanted to mess around and steal the gift. I targeted the gift with my Pirate, but at the very last minute I decided to gift my Pirate- Can any one Guess what happened?
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    janitorialduties

Fri May 06, 2016 2:25 pm

• I would guess the two gifts count as a tie and neither sub switch. The pirate goes 4x to the nearest base while the original gift continue to its original target.
    rlin81

Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 pm

• rlin81 wrote:I would guess the two gifts count as a tie and neither sub switch. The pirate goes 4x to the nearest base while the original gift continue to its original target.

I actually believe Janitor would get the gift and the person who gifted the gift will get the pirate.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Fri May 06, 2016 8:43 pm

• I'm under the impression that two gifts don't interact with each other, so, the pirate would just go to the nearest outpost, and the gift would continue on its way.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Fri May 06, 2016 11:46 pm

• So here is the weird thing. Neither of those things happened.
    The pirate love tapped the gift without converting it (gifts cannot convert each other), then proceeded home. The gift however turned around and headed to its owners nearest outpost.

I believe this is how it works. Gifts apon being involved in a collision with a sub automatically redirect to the nearest friendly outpost or an outpost of thier same color.

Pirates are set to collide with thier target whether they are gifted or not. You can give a pirate by gifting it of course.

So the collision initiated the gifts protocol of returning to the nearest friendly outpost after a collision, but conversion did not take place.
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    janitorialduties

Sun May 08, 2016 5:36 am

• janitorialduties wrote:Thanks!

Thanks to you we filled in a few of the blanks in Niverio's FAQ- You whouls probably at least check it out- He's put some mad man hours into that shizbit. We love you Niv. (And thanks to the few others who helped em out)

Really appreciate your participation in this event so here are a few Icon's that you can use- or not use I don't care as a bit of a reward for helping out with this little project.

Lead Bounty Hunter was Juanma206 with 1 and 1 half points- Congrats!
    Image A newer but very active poster on the forums I'm glad to have him around. :D

Second place was MM1Menace- A swav and intelligent dude with a bit of a dark name-

And third Place- the guy with too many games going on but still somehow makes time to post on the forums- Mathwiz9

Thanks for all the puzling you did.

I'll admit I'm kind of attached to this topic, and I'll think I'll keep it around- but unsticky it. If you some kind of idea to recycle this post into something else entirely feel free to post.

Maybe an opinion board? A brainstorming board where the topic changes weekly?
    If you do post please do add a few topics that you'd like to see on here.

Thanks to all the participants and to Niverio for heading this project!

Gonna use the monkey picture you made me for my other forums.

Or maybe the other one you made me, I don't know.
    Thanks.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Mon May 09, 2016 5:07 pm

• When someone sends a driller outside of your vision targeting your base do you see it? I'm under the impression that you see it but I can be wrong. Or is it that you see it only if it is launched while you have control but if you inherit control after it is launched you don't see it. I feel like sometimes I see it but sometimes I don't.
    rlin81

Mon May 09, 2016 6:06 pm

• rlin81 wrote:When someone sends a driller outside of your vision targeting your base do you see it? I'm under the impression that you see it but I can be wrong. Or is it that you see it only if it is launched while you have control but if you inherit control after it is launched you don't see it. I feel like sometimes I see it but sometimes I don't.

If a sub is pointed at your outpost you can see it regardless of whether or not it's in sight range.
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Previous

Return to Questions

Information