Some things i was thinking!

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Mon May 30, 2016 1:15 pm

• I have couple question to the people here...

about the game , is the night shift supoused to be without watch , cuz u cant move drillers sleeping, so they want this to be like this way , or they just leave it that way , cuz i would like some "..IF ... THEN " programing ... like im gonna go to sleep, he doesnt send drillers already, BUT ... IF he send (before -after time) 20 or more drillers to the following outpost THEN i want to send 30 or more drillers to the following outpost! ... i hope u understand my idea...

after that , talking about alliances, there must put an option that say im ally to him. so if i send drillers near a sentry he doesnt hit me, dont u think? ... maybe a instant picture of what his map looks like and to use that instant picture again have to wait couple hours ,, dont know... maybe can travel..so u dont have to explained everythin, and its also kind of not smooth at all look the map and talk with other, cuz the cellphone have no room for everything...

... well i know i have some more questions but lets start with this 2... im not trying to change anyhting just asking about your experience!

for me i think that this are thing that should be there but they dont put it already jaja...
    and if this questions were answered already im sorry!
    cyas!
    tapyon

Mon May 30, 2016 1:31 pm

• Thank you for your valuable feedback Tapyon! We appreciate it. About your two concerns:

1. Question you are thinking about is an interesting implementation. I find it unnecessary though, because I think one of the most important aspects of the game is to be able to "think before your opponent" and outplay them. If we had an if-then-else opportunity, we would be like machines playing which are programmed to do, act and counter, not humans.
    2. Question is also interesting from this perspective, because I find it enjoyable as what "ally" means can differ between players and these communication deficits spice things up (in my opinion). If we would label these connections, I think people might abuse this via extra vision and such.
    Even though they are interesting ideas, I tend to leave the game as it is without these changes.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 pm

• niverio wrote:1. Question you are thinking about is an interesting implementation. I find it unnecessary though, because I think one of the most important aspects of the game is to be able to "think before your opponent" and outplay them. If we had an if-then-else opportunity, we would be like machines playing which are programmed to do, act and counter, not humans.

Actually, If-else statements show that you can "think before your opponent" more than not using if-else statements. Ive found them quite necessary at times, for example when I want to trick my opponent into sending a martyr since he knows I'm going to be sleeping (it turned out he didn't), I ended up spending about half an hour just on this manoeuvre. If I could have programmed it, it would be something like
    If -> Teal sends martyr from El-farolito to Ruiz -> then -> send 1 driller from Ruiz to El-farolito
    and so on. Sometimes things like
    If -> Teal reroutes and targets sub #[whatevercodethingygoeshere] -> then -> send smuggler + pirate from A to B
    If -> smuggler + pirate arrive at B -> then -> target sub #XXX AND send smuggler from B to A.

Things like that would just be complete awesome
    But also way too unrealistic....
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:29 pm

• Thanks both for the replys,..

Lets say that if it was it real REALISTIC, someone will call me in the middle of the night , not just a notification on the cell , so i think it only will be the solution to that moment, after that also can work for many achieves for sure, and i dont want to imagine how much could it take programming that IF - THEN ...

the thing also with the question i ask about ally bottom chooser is definitly necesary when a sentry is near me and i want to move drillers... wich ally will shoot the sub ? well you can tell after that... cuz if he say is ally he will press that bottom...and also maybe that bottom can be tricky.. and put some good and bad things about that . like every sub send with ally ON is gifted , and u can not change that after sending a sub, like i cant change the direction also...maybe you can with a navigator in that sub ! something like this...so been an ally is a commitmeent also, not just word, or in other way can be both at the same time...

something else about the instant image was thinking in this like a realistic game, why i will not be answered or sending gift sub from a friend when he is slepping, like if this was real i will make a red phone call, so maybe u can take that bottom and if its press, i can move X amount of my enemies drillers from a particulary outpost without confirmation... if that is bad for that other player , well you better stay alert with the ALLY BOTTOM ON ...

i dont know i was just talking in general...
    thanks again ..

PD: if i knew before Niverio, that you are a staff member i definitly choose diferent in the last game!! good game by the way!! sadly took that side at the end!

tapyon

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:11 pm

• I try to be aware of how long things will take to arrive if they were to launch. So I sleep for 8 hours. Enemy can launch and arrive by 16 hours. There is a base with sufficient reinforcement within 5 hours. Base is then relatively safe excluding hires and things out side vision or pirates.
    rlin81

Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:08 am

• tapyon wrote:
    PD: if i knew before Niverio, that you are a staff member i definitly choose diferent in the last game!! good game by the way!! sadly took that side at the end!

Oh no, I am not a staff member, I am just an active forum member and a normal player. Moderators and developers have their own special green and red colors on the forums.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:33 am

• niverio wrote:
    tapyon wrote:

Oh no, I am not a staff member, I am just an active forum member and a normal player. Moderators and developers have their own special green and red colors on the forums.

Ron and Noel are, or where, the developers of subterfuge. They have red names on the forums but that doesn't matter because they have vanished. Green names (like mine) meen that player is a forum moderator.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Return to Questions

Information