Just found this game. Does anyone have any tips?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• So I just discovered this game very recently and I'm very excited to start playing. Before I do start, I was wondering if anybody here has any tips or advice for me.

Anything is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also not sure if this is the correct place to post this.
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade . . . And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    darkwizard

• Welcome darkwizard! Always good to get new players joining the game.

If you're very new, the best place to start would be the tutorials. Finish them up, and see what you think. If you have any questions, you can always check the FAQ in this topic section, it has a lot of good answers.

Other than that, you just need to hop into a game and see how it goes!

Good luck, and Godspeed!
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• I did play through the single player puzzles if that's what you meant by tutorials. Another thing is that I'm tempted to purchase L2 to support the devs and I haven't played a single game. I've been meaning to start a game anyway once I have some time where I'm not totally overloaded with stuff I have to do. Wish they had a different game type where times were cut in half so something. Thanks for your input mathwiz!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade . . . And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
    darkwizard

• sub·ter·fuge
    ˈsəbtərˌfyo͞oj/
    noun
    deceit used in order to achieve one's goal.

That is my one tip. This game is won through diplomacy, so talk with people. Say player X attacks you. Ask players A, B, and C who also border him to attack player X with you.

Another tip, play the unfair game. 1v1 battles in a 8 player game are useless to you. Only attack when you have the advantage, be it drillers, specs or allies. 2 or 3v1 battles are always an easy way to get outposts.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• I had kind of assumed about half of that from what I know about the game already. Thanks for the input, Nojo!
    darkwizard

• darkwizard wrote:I had kind of assumed about half of that from what I know about the game already. Thanks for the input, Nojo!

Yep.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• Welcome!

These are all good tips.
    Another would be to watch this video series - subterfuge-live-broadcast.

This page has the links to each day, where each player in the game gives a short recap of what they were doing, what they were thinking, and what they were planning. It is light on mechanics, but heavy on strategy. And, imo, strategy is what this game is all about.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

• I will be watching that series. Thanks for mentioning it, mm1menace.

Also, I could really use advice on the diplomacy aspect of the game such as what to say in the beginning of a game, dealing with alliances, etc. if anyone has any.
    darkwizard

• The more contact you have with players the better. Even if it's not always battle plans keeping in touch will help increase your trust and decrease the chance they'll attack you. However, to keep a good alliance it is best to make plans with your allies and attack others. This keeps you in contact it also makes your ally feel he's gaining something from the exchange. Also, talk to everyone, even those across the map, because if your doing well enough you should border everyone in the map.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• Okay. Thanks, Aclonicy. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for what to do at the beginning of a new game because that is a bit confusing to me.
    darkwizard

Next

Return to Questions

Information