Queen Recapture?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:47 am

• So I have a situation developing in game where I am in position to be able to capture an enemy queen.
    The enemy has reinforcements on the way to protect the queen but I will beat him to her and capture before the reinforcements arrive.
    Whats happens next?
    Will the player be eliminated on capture of the queen causing the then potential recapture of the queen to bring him back into the game?
    Thoughts please?
    (I assume his queen will escape before being captured but for the sake of theory)
    n_uk3

Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 am

• Unless he has a princess he is dead. Even if he recaptures his queen he is still dead but it just shows him with his queen. No further orders can be made by him.
    rlin81

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:05 am

• Ok thanks. I'll still have the reinforcements to deal with but i've cut the metaphorical head off the snake
    n_uk3

Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:27 am

• In most cases capturing the queen at an outpost will eliminate the respective player. However, there are 3 exceptions:

1. If the player has a princess, she will become the new aueen.
    2. If the player has his queen in range of a diplomat, she will released instantly and remain under the players control.
    3. If a reinforcement sub arrives at the oupost within the same 10 minutes as the attacking sub and recaptures the queen, all players will receive a message saying that he was eliminated, but he will remain in the game.
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    high commander jay

Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 am

• Thanks. Turns out he resigned anyway.
    But the diplomat point and the last one about the 10 minute grey area are good to know.
    n_uk3

Return to Questions

Information