Where does my pirate go?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:11 am

• Ok here's the scenario. I have a sub going from A to B. Large amount of drillers and a general. My enemy has a large sub with a pirate/navy and also a king. I launched my sub and he changed course to target it. He will catch it before it makes it to outpost B. So once he captures, his pirate sub retreats with the navy to his nearest outpost. Then my captured general boards a second sub that is created as a result of the battle and takes the same route back to my enemies outpost.

I have a future pirate hire that can target his sub with my captured general therefore I can recapture my general back from that second sub created by the battle. So I now have two questions:

1. Let's say my pirate launches (targeting the sub that has yet to be created because the battle has not ensued yet). Once my pirate is enroute, my enemy changes course with his nav thus negating the battle which means that his sub with my captured general doesn't exist. Where does my pirate go if the target sub never happens after I launch?

2. Let's say the battle does happen and his pirate is retreating back to his outpost at 4x speed. Because of the nav, can he change course before it makes it back or does he have to wait? Meaning can he reaquire my newly recaptured general?

(I really hope he doesn't read the forums because this is such a specific scenario)
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:01 pm

• You cannot target a sub that has not been launched, it gives you a little error message saying that sub is an Invalid target.
    And yes he can use his navigator whenever he wants to, so he would probably just capture your incoming pirate.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:16 pm

• What I'm saying is that his pirate/nav is currently pursuing my innocent sub minding its own business. Since my sub is carrying a general, the pursuit is longer than normal.

My pirate has had already launched. I was able to launch the pirate based on his acquisition of my sub with the general. It is targeting the second sub that appears when he wins the battle. His second sub is with my captured general.

Now that my pirate has launched with the second sub as a target, he still can change course and not battle my sub with the general. Therefore the battle will not occur and the second sub (which is already targeted, allowing me to launch the pirate). If he does that, my pirate has no target. Where does it go?

I know I keep saying it but I just want to reitierate that my pirate sub has already launched at the "ghost sub"
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:18 pm

• I'm saying it shouldn't have been allowed to do that. Can we have some pictures of the situation?
    Not in device or creed;
    I need no other plea,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:20 pm

• Game is currently ongoing. I know it's frowned upon to post pic of active games. I can still do it if you'd like
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:21 pm

• Yeah go ahead, I don't think there is a problem with pictures of ongoing games, what's frowned upon is people in that game looking at those pictures.
    Not in device or creed;
    I need no other plea,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:27 pm

• I'm trying to get the third picture
    Attachments
    IMG_3579.PNG
    This pic is second. Pirate is being launched targeting the "ghost sub". Note that he pirate is launching before the battle has taken place.
    IMG_3579.PNG (230.06 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
    IMG_3578.PNG
    This pic is first. Shows his pursuit of my sub.
    IMG_3578.PNG (232.95 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:29 pm

• I can't load the third pic. It's too big. I'm trying
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:41 pm

• Third
    Attachments
    IMG_3584.PNG
    Boom. Third pic. As you can see, my pirate is after the "ghost sub"
    IMG_3584.PNG (233.91 KiB) Viewed 2764 times
    jsrork

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:43 pm

• So my question is: in between the time my pirate launches and the battle, he can change course and the battle will no longer take place. Meaning no ghost ship. Since my pirate is already on the way before he changes the outcome, where does my pirate go.
    jsrork

Next

Return to Questions

Information