Gifted units changed direction??

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:13 am

• I'm playing my second game right now and encountered something I didn't understand.

I was sending a sub with the martyr on a long path between my outpost and an enemies'. My opponent sent a sub with 1 driller to intercept which would have detenoated it near one of my outposts along the path.

I gifted the martyr to him at the last minute and it headed towards another of his outposts, not the one targeted originally but one that was closer.

Shouldn't it have gone on to the original destination?

Thanks
    mattman75

Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:26 am

• Hey mattman,
    Welcome to the forums and the game, we're happy to have you
    So pretty much what happened was that the gift went to the nearest outpost. Gifts or intercepted subs (that switch sides through a double agent for example) will always travel to the nearest outpost, regardless of where it was originally going. This is to save time for the recipient, so he doesn't have to wait ages to be able to use the gift. The game is already long, and every hour is crucial to the game. It is beneficial for when actually gifting something to someone, but can kinda mess up some plans when trying to use it against them. The game can't tell the difference between the two, so it always sends to the nearest outpost.
    Hope this helped and hope you enjoy the forums and the game.
    Good luck
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:02 am

• Welcome to the forums mattman! If you want to enjoy your time here please do join in some games in the Tournaments (in the game itself) and Off Topic And Social (forum games) section. We're happy to chat if you need anything.
    Baa.
    bleatingsheep39

Return to Questions

Information