Ranked question

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Thu May 04, 2017 10:33 pm

• When making a ranked game why does it make the default "minimum rank to join" equal to your rank? Doesn't this mean when creating a ranked game, unless you adjust the minimum join rank, you're the weakest player in the game?

Also: is it better to join games with players of lower rank than you or higher?
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Thu May 04, 2017 11:04 pm

• I believe the default is no minimum, but if you turn the minimum on, the first number in the box is your rating, yes. But since you turned it on you will presumably be adjusting it anyway.

As far as who is better to play, that depends on whether you'd rather win or improve, just as with any game.
    zedmango

Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 pm

• When creating a rated game, it's a good idea to create the minimum just below you.

If your rating is 1393, having a minimum of 1350 might be a good choice.

This is useful for anonymous games because if your rating is precise - eg. 1393 - I can look up the leadership board and guess who you might be. That may give me a distinct advantage. ;)

However I'll end with this: RATINGS MEAN NOTHING. Good players can have low ratings. Generally players with higher ratings are douches' - in my experience the worst abuse has always come from high-rated players with the most to lose.
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Sat May 06, 2017 3:23 am

• Carter made me sad :(
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Sun May 07, 2017 1:58 pm

• niverio wrote:Carter made me sad :(

There, their, they're... ;)
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Return to Questions

Information