How is placing determined?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:49 pm

• As per topic.

I'm a new player and was wondering what determines placing.

If it's Neptunium, in a scenario where a player ends the game with 200 Nep and the rest have 0 Nep, does that mean a turtling player can build a mine right before the game ends, farm 1 Nep, and place 2nd even though he only has one outpost and least drillers?

What about players who have the same amount of Nep? In my game right now, 4th place has less drillers and capacity than 5th place, and they're both at 0 Nep, but 4th has a higher growth rate than 5th.

[Edit]
    Also, I see 1st - 3rd place have gold/silver/bronze medals. is there any difference in placing below 3rd place i.e. 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. in an unranked game?
    teng

Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:21 am

• teng wrote:As per topic.

I'm a new player and was wondering what determines placing.

If it's Neptunium, in a scenario where a player ends the game with 200 Nep and the rest have 0 Nep, does that mean a turtling player can build a mine right before the game ends, farm 1 Nep, and place 2nd even though he only has one outpost and least drillers?

What about players who have the same amount of Nep? In my game right now, 4th place has less drillers and capacity than 5th place, and they're both at 0 Nep, but 4th has a higher growth rate than 5th.

[Edit]
    Also, I see 1st - 3rd place have gold/silver/bronze medals. is there any difference in placing below 3rd place i.e. 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. in an unranked game?

In order:
    1. Yes. Although such a game would be utterly ridiculous and probably the making of multiboxing.

2. I believe the tiebreaker goes NP-Amount of Outposts-Amount of Drillers
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 am

• As far as I know first place uses NP production rate as a tie breaker when 2 players reach 200 at the same time..
    The rest should be NP, outposts, drillers, energy in that order.
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    high commander jay

Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:04 pm

• high commander jay wrote:The rest should be NP, outposts, drillers, energy in that order.

One addition. It's NP, mine count, outposts, then energy.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:29 pm

• Nope. Its NP, NP production, outposts, drillers. I funny know if it uses anything past drillers as any game closer than that is ridiculously rare.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:16 pm

• whos sayin wrote:Nope. Its NP, NP production, outposts, drillers. I funny know if it uses anything past drillers as any game closer than that is ridiculously rare.

I was just in a came recently where NP, NP production, and outposts where tied. However the player in front had less drillers. But he did have an extra mine. So mine count is in there, somewhere. I think after NP production or outposts.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:41 pm

• teng wrote:[Edit]

No there isn't, as long as you're not eliminated.
    In your profile stats, it will show you as having Finished the game, albeit with no medal.

TAKE.Benzedreene
    TAKE a deep breath and...
    benzedreene

Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:18 pm

• In 8, 9 and 10 player game,s there's bronze/silver/gold
    6&7 player games have only silver/gold
    4&5 have only gold
    2&3 gave none
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Return to Questions

Information