Guide for starting a new game

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:15 pm

• Hi,

I am brand new to Subterfuge, and want to create a new private game for me and some friends. I've bought L2 access, but have some questions around how to create a new game. I looked through the official manual for answers but no mention of game creation in there. The FAQ link didn't work, so no luck finding answers there either.
    • What is the difference between a Casual Game and a Rated Game?
    • How do I invite my friends?
    • For a first game with all new players, some of which know each other and some don't, what tips of settings do you have?
    • How does anonymity work?
    • Can I delete a game? (I ask cause I've hesitated to press the Create button as I don't know if I can delete my test game.)
    parakoos

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:23 pm

• What is the difference between a Casual Game and a Rated Game?

Rated game affects your elo casual game does not. Also only players with L2 can join a rated game.
    How do I invite my friends?

There's a way to message them a link thing after you created the game.
    For a first game with all new players, some of which know each other and some don't, what tips of settings do you have?

Not many at all. It's really just it being rated or not, anonymity, and if there are more factories or generators on the map. There's nothing in terms of handicaps if thats what your looking for.
    How does anonymity work?

Instead of seeing usernames everyone is labeled just as what color they are. So no one knows who did what in past games. (you can still say orange is a filthy liar though)
    Can I delete a game? (I ask cause I've hesitated to press the Create button as I don't know if I can delete my test game.)

Yeah.
    necklessgiraffe

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 am

• Many thanks for the answers.
    parakoos

Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm

• Which error did you receive when you tried the FAQ link?
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Return to Questions

Information