Sending a sub through unseen waters.

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• Champinoman wrote:You can always see enemy subs that are heading towards one of your outposts even if they are outside of your sonar. Gives you time to mount a defence.

I think an enemy sub that is heading for my outpost will stay hidden until it gets in the range of my sonar.
    kinc4id

• kinc4id wrote:I think an enemy sub that is heading for my outpost will stay hidden until it gets in the range of my sonar.

You can definitely see an incoming sub that's attacking you even if it's outside of your sonar.

r10t-- wrote:I'm still curious as to if a navigator is targeted by a pirate what happens when the navigator changes its path? Does the pirate re-position itself to intercept the new path? If yes, what if I change the course so that my sub arrives at an outpost, will the pirate turn around? Attack the outpost?

Yes, the pirate will redirect and continue to target the navigator sub.

No, it wont attack an outpost if the navigator reaches its destination.

However, I can't answer the question in the middle because I haven't had the situation arise recently and the pirate is something the devs had been working madly on.

Personally, I never use a pirate against a sub with a navigator unless I also have a navigator on board with my pirate. The enemy can lure your pirate into a trap and you have no ability to recall your pirate unless you have a navigator.
    Champinoman

• I answered my own questions:

-A pirate targeting a navigator sub will keep targeting it regardless of course change
    -If a navigator re-directs to a friendly outpost, the pirate will track the sub until it arrives at your outpost and then turn around at 4x speed to the nearest outpost of is owner.
    -yes, a nivagator can lure a pirate sub into a trap >:)
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

• r10t-- wrote:-If a navigator re-directs to a friendly outpost, the pirate will track the sub until it arrives at your outpost and then turn around at 4x speed to the nearest outpost of is owner.

Good to know. I'll add this to the wiki.
    Champinoman

• Pirate will turn around to its nearest base. To answer your first question, it will chase the navigating sub until it catches up with the sub or the sub reaches an outpost.
    gopes

• r10t-- wrote:I'm still curious as to if a navigator is targeted by a pirate what happens when the navigator changes its path? Does the pirate re-position itself to intercept the new path? If yes, what if I change the course so that my sub arrives at an outpost, will the pirate turn around? Attack the outpost?

I am also wondering this^
    igonnabeatu20x

Previous

Return to Questions

Information