Time Machine and number of drillers

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:18 pm

• I have three enemies left in my game, all of them are at max capacity with their drillers. When I use the time machine and jump forward ten minutes all the red dots on their factories disappear. If I jump further I see that the factories generate drillers. I don't see any fights for one of these players. So as far as I now he is still at max capacity during his next production. Does the time machine consider the loss of drillers I can't see or does it just show me production of drillers no matter if the player is maxed or not?
    kinc4id

• I’m not 100% sure about this but I believe that in some circumstances the time machine keeps generating drillers to show a ‘worst case’ scenario for your attack because you can’t see everything that your enemy is doing and therefore have no way to guarantee that they won’t start producing drillers again.
    Champinoman

• The time machine does take into account the loss of drillers you can't see because the amount of drillers any player has is always known via the intelligence tab.

If factories stopped flashing red it means their total driller count has decreased for whatever reason and they are now producing drillers again.
    stitch29

• You are right. I just skipped forward a bit and the flashing dots on one of the resigned players stay. But there is no way to actually see the number of drillers someone has in the future, right? As soon as you switch to the statistics tab the time goes back to the current time. Would be good if I could see that information myself.
    kinc4id

• You can't tell for sure but when in the intelligence tab you can see the driller production rate per day which will give you some idea.

I always keep tabs on how close people are to hitting their max driller count as if they were planning on something this is more likely to be when they do it.
    stitch29

• But knowing their rate doesn't let me know if they are fighting somewhere where I can't see it. The time machine knows this, so I would like to know it too.
    kinc4id

• The time machine knows only that drillers have been lost, it doesn't know how.

A player could have gifted subs or created a mine to have lost subs,unless it is within your range of view you won't know for sure.

Another good way of finding out is through diplomacy. Asking those who can see what is going on.
    stitch29

• Of course it doesn't know how. But it knows the number. And I don't. If I would know what the time machine knows, the number of lost drillers, I could speculate. If there is a sudden drop of exactly 100 drillers and the player has 1 mine it is pretty sure he drills a mine.

I just thought it would be right to have every information the time machine can provide. Either the player should see the statistics for any given time as the time machine calculates them, or the time machine shouldn't consider future losses that are out of my range.

Edit: This doesn't only include number of drillers but everything the statistics tab show. For example the current production rate. I can skip forward and see who will win when everything stays the same. But I can't see the exact rate of neptunium production. I am currently in a very close game. I am second with 1 mine, first player has two, but I have more outposts. I am going to take a mine from a third player which should raise my production over that of the first player. The game still says he will win, this means I catch up, but not fast enough. If I could see the statistics of any given time I would know exactly how close it will be. I know I could do the math by myself, but the time machine knows all the numbers. It could just tell me.
    kinc4id

Return to Questions

Information