Time machine considers fight I don't see.

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• Following situation: Player A is winning the game in 44.5 hours at the current rate. I am close behind player A in the rating. Player B is sending a Sub to one of player A's mine. I saw the sub launching, but the mine itself is out of my range so I just know when the sub arrives, I don't know the outcome.

I skip forward 10 hours and it says Player A will win in 34.5 hours. Nothing special. But if I skip another 0.1 hour it suddenly says I will win in 38.7 hours. There are no fights in my range in these 0.1 hours but it is approximately the time Player B's sub arrives Player A's mine. This implies that Player B will win this fight, but it is based on information I don't have. Can I trust this prediction? If yes, this gives me information I shouldn't have. I know how much drillers player A has currently at the most on this outpost. I feel like I shouldn't know this.
    kinc4id

• I've seen something similar yesterday, and the Time Machine turned out not to be reliable. There was not fight taking place at all, and the countdown until the game ends, didn't skip back at the moment I expected it to.

I've recorded this on video and sent a detailed report to the devs. Maybe you could send the devs a short note from inside the game? (Inside the game, there's an "Email us" button at the right side).
    stefan

• Hm, i will wait until I definitely know if the mine gets captured.

But I saw another strange thing when I took screenshots. If you zoom out you can see the name of the players over their territory. When I skip back and forth on the same 0.1 hour the nameplate moves a bit. Normally the position of the nameplate only changes when the borders move but I definitely can't see the change of possession of any of Player A's outpost, nor can I see any changes of his border.

Edit: There is definitely something strange with the estimation. I took the mine now and now the switch of the estimated winner went back 10 hours. There is no new information that affects the production of neptunium.
    kinc4id

• kinc4id wrote:Hm, i will wait until I definitely know if the mine gets captured.

But I saw another strange thing when I took screenshots. If you zoom out you can see the name of the players over their territory. When I skip back and forth on the same 0.1 hour the nameplate moves a bit. Normally the position of the nameplate only changes when the borders move but I definitely can't see the change of possession of any of Player A's outpost, nor can I see any changes of his border.

Exactly what happened for me as well!
    stefan

• One more thing: One of my opponents is taking one of my mines. In the moment before this happens the game says I will win in 5.8 hours. When I lose the mine it says I will win 26.9 hours. That's a pretty large drop considering this is only one of three mines. But what is really strange is this: An hour later my own sub arrives at the mine and retakes it. I would expect it to jump back to something around 6 hours again, but it says 16.3. Where are these 10 hours come from?
    kinc4id

• When you lose a mine you also lose 20% of your neptunium. So if you get all the way to 199 neptunium and then lose a mine you lose a massive 40 neptunium. This neptunium is destroyed. The person who took your outpost doesn't get it.

When you then retake the mine you don't get the lost neptunium back, however your enemy also then gets the 20% penalty.

So the extra 10 hours is for the extra time it takes to regain the neptunium that you lost.
    Champinoman

• Ah, right. Forgot that. Thanks.
    kinc4id

• Champinoman wrote:When you lose a mine you also lose 20% of your neptunium. So if you get all the way to 199 neptunium and then lose a mine you lose a massive 40 neptunium. This neptunium is destroyed. The person who took your outpost doesn't get it.

When you then retake the mine you don't get the lost neptunium back, however your enemy also then gets the 20% penalty.

So the extra 10 hours is for the extra time it takes to regain the neptunium that you lost.

This should be stickied hahaha. I forgot about that too. So losing a mine could be absolutely devastating.
    andyisgold

Return to Questions

Information