Disabling shields

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:17 pm

• Am trying to disable shields to trade outposts with someone and every time I try the shields come back up after 10 minutes.

I get the message "Shields will be disabled in x minutes. Tap again to cancel" but then they go up again on their own.

In case this is a bug I'm on iOS, I have the Security Chief, it's a factory and it has no drillers.
    1mr4n

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:35 pm

• The reason for this is because your Security Chief Adds 10 to max shield charge for all your outposts. So even if your Security Chief is not within your outposts' range, it does this globally.
    taksang

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:42 pm

• Really? If it just gives 10 max shield charge, it shouldn't mean that the shield is always at 10, even if you disable it. It doesn't give you a second shield that can't be disabled.
    kinc4id

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:45 pm

• The security chief should not be keeping shields at 10.

If you disable the shields then they should remain disabled unless you turn them back on. I think you might be experiencing a bug. I recommend emailing the devs from in game so that they can have a look at it.
    Champinoman

Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:53 pm

• Oh I'm sorry about that, never thought that Security Chief ONLY brings it to 10 once. I have a question too; Does it max to 10 immediately, or does it count up to 10. If so, what is the time period between disabling the shield and the shield starting to go back on it's own?
    taksang

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:19 pm

• I think you are misunderstanding how the Security Chief works. Let me explain.

Inspector

The inspector automatically charges up the shields to maximum when the Inspector arrives at an outpost or after the Inspector is involved in combat at an outpost. The Inspector does not change the max amount of shield available at an outpost.

Security Chief

The Security Chief adds 10 shield capacity to every outpost you own, plus an additional 10 to the outpost where the Security Chief is stationed. It does not instantly charge the shields.
    When a security chief is hired the capacity of an outpost's shield is increased but this shield must charge up following the usual rules.

Shield Charge in General
    It takes 48 hours to go from no shield to max shield. If an outpost only has 10 shield capacity then this equates to 1 shield every 4.8 hours. If it has 20 shield capacity then this equates to 1 shield every 2.4 hours. As you can see, the higher the shield capacity then the faster the recharge rate.
    Champinoman

Return to Questions

Information