Do generators turned into mines still produce electricity?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• Or does my maximum electricity(and therefore my maximum drillers) go down?

Same for factories turned into mines: do they continue to produce drillers?

Still new to the game, so I'm just trying to learn the mechanics.
    Thanks!
    octagonman

• Good question; those outposts no longer produce resources. Luckily you've just dumped some drillers so a generator loss shouldn't hurt too much. A factory on the other hand..
    toekneegee

• Thanks for the reply! I wanted to know this before I made a decision on my first game.

So, in your opinion, it's better to mine a generator rather than a factory? Also, when is a good time to start mining?
    octagonman

• Hmm. It's all so conditional.. there is no one answer. In general I try to mine generators though this would depend on how well defended the particular location, how many of each outpost I have, and what I can obtain moving forward.
    I think mining early is a good thing but would likely not do it first as I don't like to put a target on my head. ;)
    toekneegee

• toekneegee wrote:I think mining early is a good thing but would likely not do it first as I don't like to put a target on my head. ;)

This. I am only in the end of my first game, but the one who build the first mine ends in the last place of all remaining players.
    kinc4id

• Not always, though. A favorite strategy of mine is to mine first, then fund my allies. It doesn't always work, but it tends to make your allies default to your side in the early game until you can turtle well enough to be safe from their late-game betrayal.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Return to Questions

Information