Sub to Sub combat

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.
Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:12 am

• Scenario: Player A launches a sub with a Navigator from Base 1 toward Player B held Base 2. Player B sees the sub coming in and launches a sub from Base 2 to Base 1 in order to engage in sub-to-sub combat.

Question 1: If Player A then changes his sub's target to Base 3, will Player B's sub divert to follow or will it continue on to attack Base 1?

Question 2: If Player B has a pirate at Base 2 and uses the pirate to target Player A's sub, will a change of direction throw the pirate off or will it continue to track the sub?

Question 3: If Player A has a Helmsman on his sub along with the navigator and outruns the pirate sub of Player B, will the pirate attack the base where Player A's sub docks?
    kaegogi

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:17 am

• I didn't had these situations myself but I read in the forums about them.

1. Player B targeted his sub to Player A's base. No matter what happens, the sub keeps heading for the base.

2. A pirate targeting a navigator should always follow him. When the navigator changes course, the pirate should too.

3. Not sure, but I would say the pirate goes for the outpost the navigator docked. Not sure what would happen if the navigator goes to another outpost after he docked.
    kinc4id

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:35 am

• Question 1: If Player A then changes his sub's target to Base 3, will Player B's sub divert to follow or will it continue on to attack Base 1?

Player B's sub will continue on to attack Base 1.

Question 2: If Player B has a pirate at Base 2 and uses the pirate to target Player A's sub, will a change of direction throw the pirate off or will it continue to track the sub?

Player B's Pirate ship will change direction, track, and follow the sub with the navigator. A new intersection point is determined. This is potentially costly for Player B because now he has no control of where his Pirate Ship will go.

Question 3: If Player A has a Helmsman on his sub along with the navigator and outruns the pirate sub of Player B, will the pirate attack the base where Player A's sub docks?

Once Player A's outruns and reaches it's outpost or destination, Player B's Pirate Sub will return to it's nearest friendly outpost at 4x speed. The same behavior happens if Player C had a Pirate ship and destroyed Player's A sub before Player B's Pirate ship was able to.
    "If we don't know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions." - Colonel Goodhead
    Braxo

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:42 am

• Great answers. Thank you both.
    kaegogi

Return to Questions

Information