My driller doesn't appear to be working am I missing someth?

Questions about rules, how things work, etc.

• My driller doesn't appear to be working am I missing somethInch?

I have had similar situations

See attachment
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    Why didn't the thief steal?
    image.jpg (97.95 KiB) Viewed 2435 times
    waragon

• I'm not sure what your question is. From the screenshot, the outcome seems fine. You have fewer drillers than he does, so your drillers will die and the same number of his drillers will die.
    therealben

• It looks like this is sub-to-sub combat. Am I right?
    The thief's ability only takes effect when "attacking" meaning when your sub engages an enemy outpost. So a thief doesn't apply in sub-to-sub or defensive battles.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

• roadkiehl wrote:It looks like this is sub-to-sub combat. Am I right?
    The thief's ability only takes effect when "attacking" meaning when your sub engages an enemy outpost. So a thief doesn't apply in sub-to-sub or defensive battles.

Thief
    Converts 15% of enemy's drillers (rounded up) to your side when attacking an outpost, or in sub to sub combat.
    Combat priority: 4

The Thief still works in sub-to-sub combat. The Thief is at Waragon's outpost based on the image. When your outpost is being attacked or you are participating in sub-to-sub combat your name will appear second, when attacking another players outpost your name appears first.
    "You can do a lot with diplomacy, but with diplomacy backed up by force you can get a lot more done." - Kofi Annan.
    gis4gamer

• I wasn't sure what you tried to say, then I read the picture description. Not sure why you hid your question there. ;)

Also, to give you a correct answer we need some more information about what is happening. I guess you are being attacked and if this is the case your thief doesn't steal drillers as gis4gamer already pointed out.

Please try to be more specific next time, you will get answers quicker if you do. :)
    kinc4id

• Apologies for being non specific.

I was being attacked at my outpost. I am Waragon so I expected my thief to steal 15% of his drillers prior to the combat stage.

My rough calculation was I would steal 2 of his drillers Therefore I should have been fighting 10 drillers not 12 and I should of had 23 and an end result of 13 drillers

Any more information required?

Love this game :)
    waragon

• Well, you already have your answer then.
    kinc4id

• Yeah, thieves don't work in defense
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Return to Questions

Information