Winning 2 - Mining Rate

Any questions, tips, or cool solutions to the tactical puzzels
Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:33 am

• Interestingly, I won this by taking 3 different outposts in quick succession. No building a mine required.
    souporjuice

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:32 am

• That's also the way I solved it, but it appears there are three solutions.
    Taking over outposts, a combo of mining + outposts, plus the solution that shouldn't be a solution (taking over Feld).
    stefan

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 pm

• You don't need to hire an Infiltrator, hire a Luitenant and the rest is up to you! :)
    daantje1303

Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:58 pm

• So... I have attempted to take over verne and wolwend, as well as hellman and garfield... but I am having no luck on reaching the goal before the other guy. I am at a loss. can anyone give me some ideas here?
    braveone772

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:11 pm

• braveone772 wrote:So... I have attempted to take over verne and wolwend, as well as hellman and garfield... but I am having no luck on reaching the goal before the other guy. I am at a loss. can anyone give me some ideas here?

Don't be so hungry :P try to forget one of those 4 and you'll get it ;)

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:38 pm

• samococo wrote:

No... I tried the first two, and then tried taking the second two... it seems I cannot take more than two during a session, in the time supplied. the 20 driller site nearest to the western "border" of the sonar... seems worthless. I can't take any of the sites with it. I'm not sure where to go... at all.
    braveone772

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:09 pm

• braveone772 wrote:
    samococo wrote:

No... I tried the first two, and then tried taking the second two... it seems I cannot take more than two during a session, in the time supplied. the 20 driller site nearest to the western "border" of the sonar... seems worthless. I can't take any of the sites with it. I'm not sure where to go... at all.

Try to promote your Navigator and forget about Hellman. Also, don't be scared to left your Factories empty ;)

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:41 pm

• I'm stuck.

According to the intelligence report I need to make 16 more neptunium in 48 hours to win. Current production rate is 6/day. So if I could take over 4 outposts within 24 hours then it would work out right? Because I'd make at least 6 during that time and then 10 in the second 24 hours. That would satisfy the puzzle.

I've tried all sorts of shenanigans and the fastest I could take over 4 outposts was in 25 hours :/

Alternatively I am able to create a second mine and also take over 1 enemy outpost all within 23.2 hours, leaving me over 24 hours to produce what I think should be more than enough neptunium to solve the puzzle - 2 mines and 7 total outposts will be 14 in 1 day, plus 6 from previous, means I get the necessary 16 in less than 48 hours, but this does not solve the puzzle and I will lose to the opponent.

Basically this seemed like it could be a cool app but they need a better tutorial, I guess I was just too dumb to figure it out....

I might look at it a little longer but I'm about ready to delete.
    6payh

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm

• 6payh wrote:Alternatively I am able to create a second mine and also take over 1 enemy outpost all within 23.2 hours, leaving me over 24 hours to produce what I think should be more than enough neptunium to solve the puzzle - 2 mines and 7 total outposts will be 14 in 1 day, plus 6 from previous, means I get the necessary 16 in less than 48 hours, but this does not solve the puzzle and I will lose to the opponent.

This sounds like you are doing the correct thing. Maybe it just needs refinement to speed it up? or possibly you are encountering a bug.
    Send me step by step instructions and I'll recreate what you're doing and we'll sort this out if you want.

6payh wrote:I might look at it a little longer but I'm about ready to delete.

The puzzles are just meant to expose you to different situations so that you have more of an understanding once you play an online game. I would recommend giving an online game a shot (you don't need to complete the puzzles) before deleting. The online game is where the true brilliance of this game concept comes to life.
    Champinoman

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:50 am

• I don't like this mission, difficulty seems to jump up dramatically.

I tried all of the hints, no success. Can someone please pm me the simple solution? Thanks in advance!
    yooden

PreviousNext

Return to Tactical puzzles

Information