Usernames and How we got them.

Just shooting the breeze
Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:00 pm

• I was having a chat with TopKilla and we happened to get on the discussion of usernames. TopKilla is currently running a Tournament and because of this he gets to see plenty and plenty of names-
    But Subterfuge is a relatively New game and almost any given name is available to you for your choosing. So what made you pick the name you picked? We saw a few names that where just scrambled letters with some numbers thrown in and grew a little curious about this- I want to hear your stories.

My name- Janitorial Duties was given to me by a friend in college. We had all decided to play League of Legends together and I was having trouble picking one out. The LOL Veteran gave it to me and it stuck.
    After this I have 3 different cleaning jobs so maybe it was destiny!
    "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. We're all going to die. Come watch TV."
    janitorialduties

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 pm

• Way back when I was a wee lad, I watched GMod Idiot Box, some episodic absurd comedy made in Gmod on YouTube. Liked the show and liked a guy named Dr. Hax (who is basically HL2's Dr Breen screaming 'Hax!' and throws flaming CRTs at people.) Intially my username was planned to be DrHax, but I can't recall why wasn't it accepted, so I changed the 'D' into 'M' and it stuck.

And that was 5 years ago at least. At least my username is truly unique; never seen it anywhere else.
    Playing friendly-knifey-stabby with 9 other mates under the sea... the pressure kills.
    mrhax

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:45 am

• I want to name my future son "Road"

There's also Buzz Kiehl... Kiehl, Joy...
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:18 am

• I took the chance to grab my actual first name as username.
    stefan

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 pm

• Generally i use "thedryness" as my screen name in games. my names Paden, but in the last couple years all my friends have taken to calling me Pmoney. It was just sort of a generic nickname joke that stuck i guess. Now thats all anybody calls or knows me by. when i get introduced to someone its usually as Pmoney. So i just sorta went with it. When ever i leave a note for anyone i sign it P$.
    pmoney

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:34 pm

• Well... I guess my name is kinda self-explanatory. I am very good at math, and 9 is my fave number. That's pretty much it.
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:34 pm

• roadkiehl wrote:I want to name my future son "Road"

There's also Buzz Kiehl... Kiehl, Joy...

I thought you had some sort of memorable experience driving over a small mammal on a highway :D

My username is fairly simple - I came up with it a while ago (I believe when choosing a username for Minecraft) and I've used it ever since. I liked pandas and secret agents, so why not mash the two together and get pandasecret?
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:39 pm

• Long ago, I wanted my username for a different game to be vexed, which is defined as follows:
    (of a problem or issue) difficult and much debated; problematic.
    How ever that was taken, so I thought I'd throw in some artistic flair and a bit of l33tspeak and V3XT was the result.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:57 pm

• mine was based of initials of my name and my birth year
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:11 am

• Random, actually. Used "Myqpalzm" as my nickname for basically everything. I got stuck with it, because it's very fun to see other peoples mispronouncing the nickname.
    Hi
    myqpalzm

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information