Posting videos

Just shooting the breeze
Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:12 pm

• I finally made a video (recorded my screen by holding another iPod lol) how do I upload this video now??
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:12 pm

• Like. Go to YouTube? I don't think you can upload a video directly to the forums. Also, isn't there a built in recording feature?
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:02 pm

• For some reason my iPhone doesn't have the built in recording feature showing up on the game? Maybe that is only on tablets? Not sure why mine doesn't show up.... But dang. I don't really want to create a YouTube account for subterfuge videos :p
    R10t--
    r10t--

Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:54 am

• r10t-- wrote:For some reason my iPhone doesn't have the built in recording feature showing up on the game? Maybe that is only on tablets? Not sure why mine doesn't show up.... But dang. I don't really want to create a YouTube account for subterfuge videos :p

Do you have iOS 9? Only iOS 9 has it.
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:26 am

• I do, it is asking me to update to 9.2 but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Is this a bug?
    R10t--
    r10t--

Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:24 pm

• Is the video in the camera roll? Because if you go to the video, there'll be a little square with an arrow at the bottom of the screen. That's your upload button, and it should let you upload to YouTube from there.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:45 pm

• I can't even take a video from subterfuge, I have to record my screen from another device. I'm going to update to 9.2 tonight to see if it fixes my problem of not having a camera button. Is there any way to upload without YouTube though?
    R10t--
    r10t--

Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:12 pm

• r10t-- wrote:I can't even take a video from subterfuge, I have to record my screen from another device. I'm going to update to 9.2 tonight to see if it fixes my problem of not having a camera button. Is there any way to upload without YouTube though?

I'm not sure what you mean by "upload." Where are you trying to upload to?
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:21 am

• Anywhere that I don't need to create an account and can just easily link to the forum. I may have to create a YouTube :/
    R10t--
    r10t--

Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:56 am

• I've been creating videos on Android (which doesn't have in-app recording yet) using the YouTube Gaming app. It overlays whatever app you are using (Subterfuge in this case) and simultaneously records the screen as well as a tiny video through the phone's front camera. The app then saves the video to your phone and you can upload to any video sharing service you wish.

I don't think there are any video hosting sites that will let you post without creating an account. There are alternatives to YouTube though if that's what you want to avoid. Vimeo is one of the big competitors.
    A bitter heart that bides its time and bites.
    furiosa

Return to Off topic and social

Information