Famous Movie Quotes - Subterfuge changes the meaning

Just shooting the breeze

• Hollywood has given us numerous quotes, which in subterfuge take on a whole new meaning. :D
    Enjoy.

BREAKING TRUCES
    • “Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Dirty Harry -1971 Inspector “Dirty” Harry Callahan
    • “You talkin’ to me” Taxi Driver -1976 Travis Bickle
    • “I took the liberty of bulls**tting you” The Blues Brothers -1980 Elwood Blues
    • “You can’t respect someone who kisses your ass. I just doesn’t work” Ferris Bueller’s Day Off -1986 Ferris Bueller
    • “I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner” The Silence of the Lambs -1991 Hannibal Lecter
    • “So let me get this straight. You broke in again to apologize for breaking in yesterday” Get Shorty -1995 Karen Flores
    • “There’s only two men I trust. One of ‘em’s me, the other one’s not you” Con Air -1997 Cameron Poe
    • “No one likes a kiss-ass” Shrek -2001 Donkey
    • "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin' " The Outlaw Josey Wales -1976 Clint Eastwood
    • “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” Gone With the Wind -1939
    • “What we have here is a failure to communicate” Cool Hand Luke -1967

CHANGING PLANS
    • “Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore” The Wizard of Oz -1939 Dorothy
    • “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy ride” All About Eve -1950 Margo Channing (Bette Davis)
    • “I’d rather kiss a wookie” The Empire Strikes Back -1980 Princess Leia
    • “Never tell me the odds” The Empire Strikes Back -1980 Hans Solo
    • “That’s classified. If I tell you I’ll have to kill you” Top Gun -1986 Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell
    • “You can’t handle the truth” A Few Good Men -1992 Colonel Nathan Jessup
    • “Either get busy living, or get busy dying” The Shawshank Redemption -1994 Ellis “Red” Redding
    • "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" Sons of the Desert -1933 Oliver Hardy

ALLIANCES
    • “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” Casablanca -1942 Rick Blaine
    • “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers” A Streetcar Named Desire -1951 Blanche DuBois
    • “Don’t ask me about my business, Kay” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “This isn’t personal Kay. This is business” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer” The Godfather: Part 2 -1974 Michael Corleone
    • “May the force be with you” Star Wars -1977 Hans Solo
    • “I married Rambo” True Lies -1994 Helen Tasker
    • “Houston, we have a problem” Apollo 13 -1995 Jim Lovell
    • “I CAN’T LIE” Liar Liar -1997 Fletcher Reede
    • “You seem somewhat familiar; have I threatened you before” Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 Captain Jack Sparrow
    • “There’s nothing like a first kiss” 50 First Dates -2004 Lucy Whitmore

GOING TO WAR
    • “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory” Apocalypse Now -1979 Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
    • “He-e-e-e-re’s Johnny!” The Shining -1980 Jack Torrance
    • “Say hello to my little friend” Scarface -1983 Tony Montana
    • “Go ahead. Make my day” Sudden Impact -1983 Inspector “Dirty” Harry Callahan
    • “Hasta la vista, baby” The Terminator -1984 The Terminator
    • “Yippe-ki-yi-yay, Motherf---er” Die Hard -1988 John McClane
    • “I am the law. Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged” Judge Dredd -1995 Sylvester Stallone
    • “At my signal, unleash hell” Gladiator -2000 Maximus
    • “Begin each day like it was on purpose” Hitch -2005 Alex “Hitch” Hitchens
    • "Your Suffering will be legendary" Hellraiser
    • "We'll start the war from here " The Longest Day -1962
    • "You're a disease and I'm the cure" Cobra Stallone

UNDER ATTACK
    • “Back off, man. I’m a scientist” Ghostbusters -1984 Peter Venkmen
    • “I’ll be back” The Terminator -1984 The Terminator
    • “You call that a knife? That’s not a knife. This is a knife” Crocodile Dundee -1986 Michael “Crocodile” Dundee
    • “Your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash” Top Gun -1986 Captain Tom “Stinger” Jordan
    • “This is a real badge, I’m a real cop, and this is a real f---ing gun” Lethal Weapon -1987 Martin Riggs
    • “Ever wish you could freeze frame a moment in your day and look at it and say ‘this is not my life'” Mrs. Doubtfire -1993 Daniel Hillard
    • “The almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he’s pretty sure you’re f--ked” Braveheart -1995 Stephen
    • “Every man dies. Not every man really lives” Braveheart -1995 William Wallace
    • “Music to drown by – Now I know I’m in first class” Titanic -1997 Tommy Ryan
    • “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away” Hitch -2005 Alex “Hitch” Hitchens
    • "Run Forrest, Run!" Forrest Gump -1994
    • "You're gonna need a bigger boat" Jaws -1975 Brody
    • "Dodge This" The Matrix -1999 Trinity
    • "We'll stay here till hell freezes over" The Longest Day -1962 John Wayne

DEALING WITH PARANOIA / BETRAYAL
    • “We all go a little mad sometimes” Psycho -1960 Norman Bates
    • “Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight” Batman -1989 The Joker
    • “I need a vacation” Terminator 2: Judgement Day -1991 The Terminator
    • “There’s no crying in baseball” A League of Their Own -1992 Jimmy Dugan
    • “Warning! A--holes are closer than they appear” Ace Ventura Pet Detective -1994 Ace Ventura
    • “This isn’t a video game, son” Deep Impact -1998 Captain Spurgeon “Fish” Tanner
    • “You can do anything if you’re not afraid” Daredevil -2003 Jack Murdock
    • "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." Who Framed Roger Rabbit Jessica Rabbit
    • "I could have been a contender. I could have been somebody." On The Waterfront Marlon Brando

HELPING A NEWBIE
    • “Wax on, wax off” Karate Kid -1984 Mr. Miyagi
    • “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent” A Bronx Tale -1993 Lorenzo Anello
    • “Stupid is as stupid does” Forrest Gump -1994 Forrest Gump
    • “My family knows ever’thing there is to know ’bout the shrimpin’ bidness” Forrest Gump -1994 Bubba Blue

QUEEN HIRES AND GIFTING
    • “I feel the need – the need for speed” Top Gun -1986 Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell
    • “Show me the money” Jerry Maguire -1996 Jerry Maguire
    • “My mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you’re gonna get” Forrest Gump -1994 Forrest Gump
    • "What's in the Box" Seven
    • "These aren't the droids you're looking for." Star Wars -1977 Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • "I will have what she is having" Harry met Sally Stranger

HIRING THREE KINGS
    • “I’m the king of the world” Titanic -1997 Jack Dawson
    • “You can’t leave me! I’m the Alpha, lady! I’M THE OMEGA BABY" Bruce Almighty -2003 Bruce Nolan
    • “B-E-A-utiful” Bruce Almighty -2003 Bruce Nolan
    • "THE 'PRECIOUS'..." Lord of the Rings

RANDOM
    • “I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, ‘I drank what'” Real Genius -1985 Chris Knight
    • “Destiny’s a pretty big concept, when you think about it. Where you are in life, how you got there, what would have happened if one thing or another had been different” Mr. Destiny -1990 Larry Burrows
    • “Honey, just ’cause I talk slow doesn’t mean I’m stupid” Sweet Home Alabama -2002 Jake Perry
    • "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!" Midnight Cowboy Ratso Rizzo
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

• You either took a lot of time looking these up, which is impressive, or you wrote them all from memory, in which case you need help.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• THIS IS FANTASTIC!!

Here is one of my personal favorites that i didn't see on your list

"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die" - Goldfinger (James Bond, Goldfinger)

Could either go in betrayal or going to war
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my alliance. Prepare to die. - princess bride

I'll tell you what I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you til the count of ten to get your no good, yellow keister off my property before I pump your guts full of drillers. 1! 2! 10! *bang bang* AHAHAHAHAHAHA *bang bang* keep the change you filthy animal. - home alone, originally angels with filthy souls
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• mathwhiz9 wrote:Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my alliance. Prepare to die. - princess bride

I actually said this to someone once in a game.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

• Okay, someone needs to play an entire match of Subterfuge but they are only allowed to talk through movie quotes. It would probably be fun seeing whether or not the person you are trying to talk to catches on or not.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• zyxe wrote:Okay, someone needs to play an entire match of Subterfuge but they are only allowed to talk through movie quotes. It would probably be fun seeing whether or not the person you are trying to talk to catches on or not.

Lol I had the same idea when I posted it. Lol
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

• carter j burke wrote:
    zyxe wrote:Okay, someone needs to play an entire match of Subterfuge but they are only allowed to talk through movie quotes. It would probably be fun seeing whether or not the person you are trying to talk to catches on or not.

Lol I had the same idea when I posted it. Lol

My personal idea: only song lyrics. I love music, and probably know enough songs to just randomly quote lyrics and actually make it seem like I'm a normal person
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• carter j burke wrote:Hollywood has given us numerous quotes, which in subterfuge take on a whole new meaning. :D
    Enjoy.

BREAKING TRUCES
    • “Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Dirty Harry -1971 Inspector “Dirty” Harry Callahan
    • “You talkin’ to me” Taxi Driver -1976 Travis Bickle
    • “I took the liberty of bulls**tting you” The Blues Brothers -1980 Elwood Blues
    • “You can’t respect someone who kisses your ass. I just doesn’t work” Ferris Bueller’s Day Off -1986 Ferris Bueller
    • “I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner” The Silence of the Lambs -1991 Hannibal Lecter
    • “So let me get this straight. You broke in again to apologize for breaking in yesterday” Get Shorty -1995 Karen Flores
    • “There’s only two men I trust. One of ‘em’s me, the other one’s not you” Con Air -1997 Cameron Poe
    • “No one likes a kiss-ass” Shrek -2001 Donkey
    • "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin' " The Outlaw Josey Wales -1976 Clint Eastwood
    • “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn” Gone With the Wind -1939
    • “What we have here is a failure to communicate” Cool Hand Luke -1967

CHANGING PLANS
    • “Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore” The Wizard of Oz -1939 Dorothy
    • “Fasten your seatbelts. It’s going to be a bumpy ride” All About Eve -1950 Margo Channing (Bette Davis)
    • “I’d rather kiss a wookie” The Empire Strikes Back -1980 Princess Leia
    • “Never tell me the odds” The Empire Strikes Back -1980 Hans Solo
    • “That’s classified. If I tell you I’ll have to kill you” Top Gun -1986 Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell
    • “You can’t handle the truth” A Few Good Men -1992 Colonel Nathan Jessup
    • “Either get busy living, or get busy dying” The Shawshank Redemption -1994 Ellis “Red” Redding
    • "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!" Sons of the Desert -1933 Oliver Hardy

ALLIANCES
    • “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship” Casablanca -1942 Rick Blaine
    • “I have always depended on the kindness of strangers” A Streetcar Named Desire -1951 Blanche DuBois
    • “Don’t ask me about my business, Kay” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “This isn’t personal Kay. This is business” The Godfather -1972 Michael Corleone
    • “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer” The Godfather: Part 2 -1974 Michael Corleone
    • “May the force be with you” Star Wars -1977 Hans Solo
    • “I married Rambo” True Lies -1994 Helen Tasker
    • “Houston, we have a problem” Apollo 13 -1995 Jim Lovell
    • “I CAN’T LIE” Liar Liar -1997 Fletcher Reede
    • “You seem somewhat familiar; have I threatened you before” Pirates of the Caribbean -2003 Captain Jack Sparrow
    • “There’s nothing like a first kiss” 50 First Dates -2004 Lucy Whitmore

GOING TO WAR
    • “I love the smell of napalm in the morning. It smells like victory” Apocalypse Now -1979 Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore
    • “He-e-e-e-re’s Johnny!” The Shining -1980 Jack Torrance
    • “Say hello to my little friend” Scarface -1983 Tony Montana
    • “Go ahead. Make my day” Sudden Impact -1983 Inspector “Dirty” Harry Callahan
    • “Hasta la vista, baby” The Terminator -1984 The Terminator
    • “Yippe-ki-yi-yay, Motherf---er” Die Hard -1988 John McClane
    • “I am the law. Put down your weapons and prepare to be judged” Judge Dredd -1995 Sylvester Stallone
    • “At my signal, unleash hell” Gladiator -2000 Maximus
    • “Begin each day like it was on purpose” Hitch -2005 Alex “Hitch” Hitchens
    • "Your Suffering will be legendary" Hellraiser
    • "We'll start the war from here " The Longest Day -1962
    • "You're a disease and I'm the cure" Cobra Stallone

UNDER ATTACK
    • “Back off, man. I’m a scientist” Ghostbusters -1984 Peter Venkmen
    • “I’ll be back” The Terminator -1984 The Terminator
    • “You call that a knife? That’s not a knife. This is a knife” Crocodile Dundee -1986 Michael “Crocodile” Dundee
    • “Your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash” Top Gun -1986 Captain Tom “Stinger” Jordan
    • “This is a real badge, I’m a real cop, and this is a real f---ing gun” Lethal Weapon -1987 Martin Riggs
    • “Ever wish you could freeze frame a moment in your day and look at it and say ‘this is not my life'” Mrs. Doubtfire -1993 Daniel Hillard
    • “The almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he’s pretty sure you’re f--ked” Braveheart -1995 Stephen
    • “Every man dies. Not every man really lives” Braveheart -1995 William Wallace
    • “Music to drown by – Now I know I’m in first class” Titanic -1997 Tommy Ryan
    • “Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It’s the moments that take your breath away” Hitch -2005 Alex “Hitch” Hitchens
    • "Run Forrest, Run!" Forrest Gump -1994
    • "You're gonna need a bigger boat" Jaws -1975 Brody
    • "Dodge This" The Matrix -1999 Trinity
    • "We'll stay here till hell freezes over" The Longest Day -1962 John Wayne

DEALING WITH PARANOIA / BETRAYAL
    • “We all go a little mad sometimes” Psycho -1960 Norman Bates
    • “Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight” Batman -1989 The Joker
    • “I need a vacation” Terminator 2: Judgement Day -1991 The Terminator
    • “There’s no crying in baseball” A League of Their Own -1992 Jimmy Dugan
    • “Warning! A--holes are closer than they appear” Ace Ventura Pet Detective -1994 Ace Ventura
    • “This isn’t a video game, son” Deep Impact -1998 Captain Spurgeon “Fish” Tanner
    • “You can do anything if you’re not afraid” Daredevil -2003 Jack Murdock
    • "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." Who Framed Roger Rabbit Jessica Rabbit
    • "I could have been a contender. I could have been somebody." On The Waterfront Marlon Brando

HELPING A NEWBIE
    • “Wax on, wax off” Karate Kid -1984 Mr. Miyagi
    • “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent” A Bronx Tale -1993 Lorenzo Anello
    • “Stupid is as stupid does” Forrest Gump -1994 Forrest Gump
    • “My family knows ever’thing there is to know ’bout the shrimpin’ bidness” Forrest Gump -1994 Bubba Blue

QUEEN HIRES AND GIFTING
    • “I feel the need – the need for speed” Top Gun -1986 Lieutenant Pete “Maverick” Mitchell
    • “Show me the money” Jerry Maguire -1996 Jerry Maguire
    • “My mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you’re gonna get” Forrest Gump -1994 Forrest Gump
    • "What's in the Box" Seven
    • "These aren't the droids you're looking for." Star Wars -1977 Obi-Wan Kenobi
    • "I will have what she is having" Harry met Sally Stranger

HIRING THREE KINGS
    • “I’m the king of the world” Titanic -1997 Jack Dawson
    • “You can’t leave me! I’m the Alpha, lady! I’M THE OMEGA BABY" Bruce Almighty -2003 Bruce Nolan
    • “B-E-A-utiful” Bruce Almighty -2003 Bruce Nolan
    • "THE 'PRECIOUS'..." Lord of the Rings

RANDOM
    • “I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said, ‘I drank what'” Real Genius -1985 Chris Knight
    • “Destiny’s a pretty big concept, when you think about it. Where you are in life, how you got there, what would have happened if one thing or another had been different” Mr. Destiny -1990 Larry Burrows
    • “Honey, just ’cause I talk slow doesn’t mean I’m stupid” Sweet Home Alabama -2002 Jake Perry
    • "I'm walking here! I'm walking here!" Midnight Cowboy Ratso Rizzo

Whoa. I wanna be like you when I grow up. :o
    -You know, I'm getting real tired of these goddamn pirates
    -Commander AR, last tuesday
    commander ar

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information