Male or Female?

Just shooting the breeze
Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:51 pm

• Anybody ever present themselves as a female player to try and gain a diplomatic advantage?

I did once. A player was mercilessly attacking me but once they 'deciphered' that I was a member of the fairer sex, the attacks stopped and I had a new ally.

Then I screwed him over and he went ballistic and spouted a whack of misogyny my way. I told him the truth and that made it uh, worse somehow. Lol.

It was surprisingly effective and really changed the behaviour of my enemy, who turned out to be a sexist monster at the end. Fun times!
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:59 pm

• Radioactivity, I like your style.

Male: 8.5
    Female: 1
    Robot: 0.5
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:01 pm

• roadkiehl wrote:
    aclonicy wrote:Male: 7.5

I've played with a woman once...she wouldn't attack her allies because that would be "mean," ugh. It was a bit of a pain, but definitely trustworthy.

To be fair, there are plenty of guys who do the same thing. Although it's normally because of "honor" or something along those lines.

Well, yeah. Different demographics word it differently, but it's the same thing, I think. Just the remnants of the middle ages still pressure men to word this kind of situation honour wise and women emotion wise. Just what I think.
    -You know, I'm getting real tired of these goddamn pirates
    -Commander AR, last tuesday
    commander ar

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 pm

• radioactivity wrote:Anybody ever present themselves as a female player to try and gain a diplomatic advantage?

I did once. A player was mercilessly attacking me but once they 'deciphered' that I was a member of the fairer sex, the attacks stopped and I had a new ally.

Then I screwed him over and he went ballistic and spouted a whack of misogyny my way. I told him the truth and that made it uh, worse somehow. Lol.

It was surprisingly effective and really changed the behaviour of my enemy, who turned out to be a sexist monster at the end. Fun times!

This one time I played with this guy and a girl, I was allied with the girl and the guy was attacking her, and he trusted me, so I tried to negociate a ceasefire. He told me "man just cause shes a girl i'm not stopping" even though I didn't mention her gender at all. Clearly he was treating and thinking about her differently. Ugh, it bugs me when...am I ranting? I'll stop. You guys are cool, tell me more about you people.
    -You know, I'm getting real tired of these goddamn pirates
    -Commander AR, last tuesday
    commander ar

Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:07 pm

• I haven't really asked any of my allies what gender they are or really gotten to know anyone I play with... I'm an introvert...
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:06 am

• r10t-- wrote:I haven't really asked any of my allies what gender they are or really gotten to know anyone I play with... I'm an introvert...

are you? what's one thing you do which makes you think you're an introvert? (I'm just checking on your introvert status :P)
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:06 am

• Male: 9.5
    Kings aren't OP

----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:08 am

• radioactivity wrote:Anybody ever present themselves as a female player to try and gain a diplomatic advantage?

Hahaha :lol: brilliant idea.....as one might say: great diplomacy!
    Diplomacy these days :P
    So uhhhh how exactly did you 'cipher' it? I'm might like try it someday, although I don't think my username really fits. :P
    Kings aren't OP

----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:18 am

• Wow this is definitely one of the most interesting discussions on the forums :P
    But yeah I'd really like to try out some psychology one day, like make a feminine username and see how differently people treat you :P Would definitely make for a nice psychological study :D

Oh and another completely unrelated thing. How exactly do we tell what gender someone is just by reading something they've typed? I'm sure these's a difference in messages between genders and I'm pretty sure everyone can guess correctly like 90% of the time, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that distinguishes them...
    Kings aren't OP

----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:23 am

• tw2000 wrote:So uhhhh how exactly did you 'cipher' it? I'm might like try it someday, although I don't think my username really fits. :P

We were in the midst of war when he commented something to the effect of complimenting me for innovative defensive tactics.

Usual chat, but I decided to reply "aw, go on you make a girl blush ;)" and it just evolved straight from that single off-hand comment.

Again, not something I really planned nor expected to work out well. But it was totally interesting that a peace agreement was brokered nearly immediately after.

Then when I broke the agreement, the player went off on how I was just like every other woman in his life. Some personal oversharing actually, peppered with general sexism.

Actually felt bad that I deceived him after that. Think I'll stick to being an androgynous atomic phenomenon from here on out.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information