Favorite games?

Just shooting the breeze
Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:30 pm

• What are everyone's top five (or three) favorite games and why? I am excluding subterfuge because everyone here knows it's amazing

1) Team Fortres 2
    Also known as "hat fortress 2" is a crazy multi class FPS.

2) Clash of clans
    I assume 90% of people reading this have played, or at least heard of this mobile game. I'm not into it now but I was for the last 4 years (Subterfuge has replaced CoC)
    The strategy has made this game highly successful

3) Any bloons game: Btd5, Btd Battles, BMC and the list goes on. A tower defense game where you place monkeys on a track to try and defend the Ballon onslaught. Truly amazing.

4) Evolve. I know most people disregarded this as a "P2W money grabber." But if you look beyond the DLC it is an excellent game. A class based 4v1 hunter vs monster FPS.

5) All Plants vs zombies games (except PvZ2, that game is just, ugh) PvZ is a classic strategy tower defense game. I have played and beat the original about 7 times and love the "Garden Warfare" FPS inspired by it.

Now that I've told you my top 5 games what are yours?
    Last edited by nojo34 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:04 pm

• You didn't specify what platform of game so I'm taking some liberties here. I'm excluding Subterfuge from this list because everyone already knows how much I love it.

1) Bioshock
    The original and infinite blew my mind with their storytelling and twists. Honestly some of the most entertaining time I've invested in anything.

2) Catan
    I'm a nerd, sue me. It's a fun game and I've invested to much money in the expansion packs.

3) Dishonored
    Personally, I found the artwork and gameplay involved to be exceptional. I've heard mixed reviews from people, but I loved it and can't wait for the second one's release.

4) Dragon Fable
    I haven't played this since I was 14 but I think I have to credit it with kindling my love of magical medieval themed games. Also puns. Probably every second sentence in this game was a pun. I must have invested days of time playing it.

5) Cards Against Humanity
    Yes, a computer nerd like me still enjoys the touch of real cards. I've spent many late nights questioning my morality while playing this with some friends.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:49 pm

• Catan is amazing. Here's mine disregarding subterfuge;

1. League of Legends
    Not sure why I like it so much but a couple of my friends got me into it and now I can't stop playing. There's something about this game that makes me keep playing!

2. Chess
    I have a chess app on my phone and am constantly in about 3-4 games with random opponents. It's just really good strategy to figure out how to undermine your opponent's defenses.

3. Invisible Inc.
    Now this game I don't play too often but it's definitely up there. This is a turn-based strategy game where you play as a team of spies infiltrating a company to find more team members, gear, credits, and other miscelaneous loot to help you get through more and more difficult floors. If you can't get a good start the rest of your game becomes much harder.

4. Call of Duty
    Classic, I know, but it's about the only non-PC game I play (PS3) modern warfare 2 is definitely the best. But I've been in tons of hacked lobbies lately in MW2 so I've started playing more MW3 to avoid getting stomped.

5. The Gemcraft Series
    I specifically liked gemcraft labrynth the best as I don't thing the newest one (chasing shadows) was all that great BUT with that beating said, this series is amazing!! The unique spin on tower-defence meets arcane master is really cool and the crafting of gems to higher levels is very unique style. Super fun strategy game that I've spent over 100s of hours grinding out endurance modes to get all the achievements and to try to get past wave 1337 in endurance (that is the max in labyrinth. I got so close, wave 980ish). Nonetheless, super fun TD, highly reccomend trying it

Special mention: Castle Crashers!
    Super fun game that I have as a DLC on the PS3. Hack and slash your way to victory and level yourself up to get maximum stats. Once you've beaten the game, an "Insane mode" makes the game 10x harder!
    Last edited by r10t-- on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 pm

• Again, disregarding Subterfuge. And it's really tough to narrow it down to 5 games, all time, so I'm going to go with 5 games at the moment. If this were an all time list, I don't think any would actually make the cut. That being said, though...

1. XCOM 2 - Holy crap this game is amazing. I can't get enough of it. The atmosphere is perfect: Stressful, intense, and incredibly satisfying. The tactical gameplay is very deep, and the strategic level of the game is vastly improved from Enemy Unknown.

2. Divinity Original Sin - This is an RPG done right. Again, the tactical gameplay is tons of fun, the game has a ton of personality and wit, and the style of the game is fantastic.

3. Super Smash Bros. Wii U - It's just so good. If you haven't tried it yet, go do so. My one complaint is the DLC, which can be pay-to-win at times, but for the most part it's very well balanced and the game flows in a very satisfying and competitive way.

4. Team Fortress 2 - It's just fun. I'm not going to claim it's a "high quality game," but it's a very well done game for those times that I don't want to think about things much. Also, I love the graphical style.

5. Downwell - It's a mobile game that is great for any 30 second pause between Subterfuge and life. Very challenging, addicting, and clever.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:51 am

• Roadkiehl and riot. Castle crashers just barely missed my list. Might add tf2 and replace subterfuge because everyone knows it's amazing....
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:00 am

• Subterfuge is #1-#5 on my list. But I doubt I can do that, so...

1) age of empires: mythologies. Going back a ways here, to the DS times, this is an amazing turn based game, using Greek, Norse and Egyptian mythologies (which I really love!)
    2) super smash flash. It super smash bros, but in flash version on the computer. Great for when you have a lunch period, time to kill, and no friends...
    3) chess. Yeah, I'm playing with r10t (and losing...) but chess is a fun strategy game. Too bad I never find people who want to play me in real life
    4) professor Layton. Once again, back to DS. It's a fun game, with mysteries and puzzles to solve along the way. Always twists in the plot, and there's about 5 different games.
    5) a deck of cards. Ok this one may sound weird, but a deck of cards is amazing. Not even to play games with, I just sit in class and shuffle my cards. Yes, it's weird, but kinda fun. And for the times I have free time, I know three different version of solitaire to play. Cause nobody wants to play with me. I'm lonely...
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:48 am

• R10t, I loved the Gemcraft Series as well. If I remember correctly the last wave in endurance mode was 1337.
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:05 am

• v3xt wrote:R10t, I loved the Gemcraft Series as well. If I remember correctly the last wave in endurance mode was 1337.

I think you're right! Edited my OP, thanks!
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:49 am

• #1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
    Favorite game of all time, I'm sure I've put near 1,000 hours into the game.
    #2. Super Mario Sunshine.
    First 3D Mario I ever played and it was pretty great. still a good game to complete in a free afternoon.
    #3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
    The peak of Sega's genius and a great game with awesome platforming, I wish there were more sonic games like this.
    #4. Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    Sorry, but it's much better than smash 4. It's enjoyable and is a good pick up and play. only problem is my brother always destroys me.
    #5. Chrono Trigger
    This game has a little bit of bias because I just got it 2 days ago but so far it's been awesome. I hope it continues to be fun for a long time.

You may notice these games are rather old, but I loved older Nintendo and Sega; they just have such magic many newer games don't have. Smash 4 probably is my favorite new game though.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 pm

• My top 5 (including subterfuge):
    1) To The Moon: It is an amazing game, the playtime is extremely short, but it still has the best, or touching story I have ever seen, and also great soundtrack.
    2) Subterfuge: I find this unique because of the ability to communicate with people all around the world on a completely different level.
    3) Demigod: A very underrated Moba with sadly a dead community.
    4) League of Legends: I still do not find it very good quality wise, but I have spent the last 2.5 years playing so I must include.
    5) And among the many board games I played, Cosmic Encounter is superior. It is extremely fun and chaotic, and roleplaying as an alien race is hilarious. (Btw catan would also make my top 5 board game list along with Dead Of Winter, Roborally, and Betrayal on the House On The Hill)
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information