Story Time

Just shooting the breeze
Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:40 pm

• Guys. GUYS! I got hit by a truck holy crap! I was on my way to school the other day, and my bus stopped at a stop sign, and some woman in a truck just drove straight into the back of the bus! I was right at the back and my god was that a jarring noise to hear at 8 in the morning. I'm fine, thanks for asking, but the front of the truck was destroyed! This was not how I expected to start my Friday morning. I'm pretty sure the bus moved at least a foot from the impact. Here's the best part though. Literally 5 minutes before the collision occurred, we had to go through the bus safety drills, a collection of different ways to safely evacuate the bus incase it's involved in a collision. That's right, my bus got rear ended in the 400 meter drive between the Rec Centre, where the emergency drills were held, and the school. We could literally see the school. Ok so that's my story, I'm a little sore, but all in all it was an exciting experience. Anyone have any exciting stories of their own?
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:02 pm

• I ate some Cheerios... :?

Anyway, that's actually really cool (as long as nobody was seriously hurt)! Just the irony of that is crazy too. My best part of Friday was having grade nines throw mini chocolate bars down the stairs at me and my friends so we threw them back up and we had a pretty nice chocolate fight :D
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:58 pm

• This weekend I'm in Santa Barbara for a sailing regatta (Fancy word for race). The wind are up to 30 knots, and we are sailing an FJ, a two person boat that doesn't like waves. A boat (not mine) is coming in a 10 foot wave crashed on them! There boat capsizes, mast gets stuck on some rocks and snaps! Eveyone was okay but a mast on a boat snapped and made a really loud *Bang*
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 am

• v3xt wrote:Guys. GUYS! I got hit by a truck holy crap! I was on my way to school the other day, and my bus stopped at a stop sign, and some woman in a truck just drove straight into the back of the bus! I was right at the back and my god was that a jarring noise to hear at 8 in the morning. I'm fine, thanks for asking, but the front of the truck was destroyed! This was not how I expected to start my Friday morning. I'm pretty sure the bus moved at least a foot from the impact. Here's the best part though. Literally 5 minutes before the collision occurred, we had to go through the bus safety drills, a collection of different ways to safely evacuate the bus incase it's involved in a collision. That's right, my bus got rear ended in the 400 meter drive between the Rec Centre, where the emergency drills were held, and the school. We could literally see the school. Ok so that's my story, I'm a little sore, but all in all it was an exciting experience. Anyone have any exciting stories of their own?

Wait, but I though YOU got hit by a truck?
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:19 am

• tw2000 wrote:Wait, but I though YOU got hit by a truck?

Well I mean, I was on the bus that got hit by a truck, so that still counts right?
    "You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t."
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:35 am

• Yeah I've been hit by people while driving.. (Never been my fault! I'm a good driver I swear!) in canada the roads can be super icy and this guy slid down a steep exit ramp right into the front of my car. After that collision I had to total the car (send it to the junk yard) and buy a new one. The government barely gave us any money for it so we lost a super awesome car and now we have an Acura, definitely not good as the Toyota we had.

Yeah collisions are scary! Even going normal speeds on a road can freak you out so imagine on a highway! Be safe when you drive. I have a friend who didn't take her deiver's license because she was scared of getting in a collision. Still hasn't gone to get it and she's almost 20
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:03 pm

• I have several friends that are that old and still haven't gotten their license. It seems to be a common thing these days. I personally couldn't live without mine.
    -Caleb Carr
    v3xt

Return to Off topic and social

Information