Title bait - Something scary happened

Just shooting the breeze

• Something scary happened. I been playing subterfuge for awhile. It is probably the longest IOS games I played and stuck with and actually "socialized" with people in. After starting maybe 4 to 6 months back with non rated games and fighting multiboxers then moving on to rated games and fighting alliances or joining them or whatever else, today is the first day in a long time where I have no active games!!! Now I just peak quietly at the open game list seeing all the familiar names and wonder what crazy shenanigans they will be up to. Good luck people in the Champions League and Pookiebear who I saw had joined and started a different game :).
    rlin81

• Best way to solve your problem: Join every game that you can eligibly join.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• You aren't suffering from Subterfuge burnout are you? We've all felt it. If that's the case a little while without a game is fine. But the best way to help with burnout is to play entirely fun games where you do things you would never do in actual games that mattered, saying things to people to start up fun conversations.

I'm certain everyone here has some example of crazy stuff they've done in games to fight off Subterfuge burnout.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• I've dropped to three games (3!), which is pretty surprising for me. Not sure if it's a small burnout, or a new direction for my play style. But taking a small break is perfectly fine :D
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

• zyxe wrote:You aren't suffering from Subterfuge burnout are you? We've all felt it. If that's the case a little while without a game is fine. But the best way to help with burnout is to play entirely fun games where you do things you would never do in actual games that mattered, saying things to people to start up fun conversations.

I'm certain everyone here has some example of crazy stuff they've done in games to fight off Subterfuge burnout.

Fun conversations, like the ones we had in Nojo's tournament? No.
    No.
    No.
    Never again.
    That left me forever traumatized.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

• zyxe wrote:You aren't suffering from Subterfuge burnout are you? We've all felt it. If that's the case a little while without a game is fine. But the best way to help with burnout is to play entirely fun games where you do things you would never do in actual games that mattered, saying things to people to start up fun conversations.

Yeah don't we know. I am now in a game, and I had talked with a friend to arrange this situation: He will do all the talking, and I would do all the playing
    Day 4-5 now, and trying to survive a 3v1 for 3 days now. Ah the chats...
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• I had just finished the tournament and before that there was another rated game where 2 players dropped out right at the start, another 2 in 24 hours, and then I eliminated another played during a prolonged absence. I think after the patch I ended up with a higher rating than I had inexplicably and some of the matches in my history that said I won instead said I died. I'll probably take some time to make a recap of the tournament unless I forget.
    rlin81

• Ahhhhhhh... this is why L1 is sometimes advantageous: you can never catch the "Subterfuge Burnout" disease...... :P
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• zyxe wrote:You aren't suffering from Subterfuge burnout are you? We've all felt it.

True; I took a 2 month break a month back, sometimes it gets a bit frustrating keeping up with all the diplomatic relations or hoping your attack went successful, but now I'm back and having fun. Roleplay is fun (for those in ESG06, I love the logs).
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Return to Off topic and social

Information