Anyone given Warbits a try??

Just shooting the breeze
Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:32 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    topkilla wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:Is this game worth the $4? I've been looking at it, looks pretty fun. If it is really good, I think I might get it. Thoughts?

I'm a fan. It's got potential.

So I should?

It's not my money man. Can't tell you what to do with it. If you like TBS games, I don't see why you wouldn't like it.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:33 pm

• So... It looks like you can only 2v2s in the official Tag battle...
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:51 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    topkilla wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:Is this game worth the $4? I've been looking at it, looks pretty fun. If it is really good, I think I might get it. Thoughts?

I'm a fan. It's got potential.

So I should?

It's a solid, well-balanced strategy game. There's nothing particularly innovative to it, but it's a tried-and-true formula. If you like games along the lines of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, or Outwitters, this is the game for you.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:56 pm

• I'm not sure if we can do 4 player with hashtags. Maybe we'll have to use game center if we want to do 4 player games :/
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:29 am

• I bought it. tried it. didn't like it. deleted it.
    bangerz

Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:32 am

• the way I found the game to work, (basing my experience on the first 8 or so campaign missions) is that there is only one MAYBE two ways to win the game. the campaign is more of a puzzle. If you make a wrong move early, it's too hard to rebound. You just sit around defending for literally 2 hours until you eventually lose.

Like if you lose your expensive air unit early because you moved it one extra space to the left, it's basically impossible to rebound and win
    bangerz

Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:43 am

• bangerz wrote:the way I found the game to work, (basing my experience on the first 8 or so campaign missions) is that there is only one MAYBE two ways to win the game. the campaign is more of a puzzle. If you make a wrong move early, it's too hard to rebound. You just sit around defending for literally 2 hours until you eventually lose.

Like if you lose your expensive air unit early because you moved it one extra space to the left, it's basically impossible to rebound and win

The campaign is garbage. And more of a tutorial than anything. There's a whole multiplayer element you're missing.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:20 am

• top/roady

I'm willing to join a multiplayer battle with you guys but I refuse to continue with the campaign - it's just not fun.

I've done about 8 missions so I know the gist. I don't think I got to powers (?).
    bangerz

Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:32 am

• bangerz wrote:top/roady

I'm willing to join a multiplayer battle with you guys but I refuse to continue with the campaign - it's just not fun.

I've done about 8 missions so I know the gist. I don't think I got to powers (?).

I wasn't a fan of the campaign either. Nor did I like the powers (There never seemed to be the right power for my situation), so we can turn those off.
    roadkiehl

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:35 am

• Anyone else having trouble with Game Center? It doesn't ever log in for Warbits, no matter how good my connection is.
    roadkiehl

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information