I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• tw2000 wrote:
    Paper scissors rock is not balanced because a butterfly flapping its wings in Asia could cause wind patterns in Texas to affect what people would decide to play. And yes, the imbalance might be tiny, but it exists.

I can't be bothered to reply when you have a statement like this...

(1) It's 'Rock Paper Scissors'.
    (2) Rock beats Scissors beats Paper beats Rock. - You can't get a more perfectly balanced game than that.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• Hey, guys, make sure we're keeping these discussions civil and productive. We don't need to clutter the forums with an argument we've been having for months.
    "Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd for that?" -Hoban 'Wash' Washburn, Serenity
    roadkiehl

• clutter
    bangerz

• topkilla wrote:
    tw2000 wrote:
    Paper scissors rock is not balanced because a butterfly flapping its wings in Asia could cause wind patterns in Texas to affect what people would decide to play. And yes, the imbalance might be tiny, but it exists.

I can't be bothered to reply when you have a statement like this...

(1) It's 'Rock Paper Scissors'.
    (2) Rock beats Scissors beats Paper beats Rock. - You can't get a more perfectly balanced game than that.

(Apart from the fact that you're giving me the impression that you just can't accept losses)
    1. Its paper scissors rock in my country, see here in the 4th paragraph in the parenthesis. And yes, I do live in NZ, so it applies to me. The following has nothing to do with this debate:
    It's quite smart actually, when speaking from a linguistics perspective. Consider the words and the stresses of each. You get PA-per, SCI-ssors, ROCK! Where the rhythm of the phrase flows very nicely, (DUH-duh DUH-duh DUH!) and also ending on a plosive consonant sound. ROCK, PA-per, SCI-ssors! sort of doesn't have those nice things about it lol.

2. Note the attached image. It says 'Required skills: luck, psychology.'
    Furthermore, scientists have shown that psychology actually plays quite a noticeable role. [img=http://www.iflscience.com/brain/how-win-rock-paper-scissors]Here[/img] is some proof.
    Also, there are world championships on 'rock paper scissors'....so yeahhhhh......

About my statement, which seems completely ridiculous at first, is actually true. For example, the change in the wind pattern may cause a hurricane (as is always quoted), perhaps sending masses of rain on the roof of wherever the match of 'rock paper scissors' is being played. Unconsciously, a player may then be more inclined to play rock, since the rain hitting the roof may sound a bit like lots of rocks. The other person may take advantage of this fact and play 'paper', in which case he has a greater chance of winning, thus making this game imbalanced.
    Attachments
    Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG (39.63 KiB) Viewed 1763 times
    tw2000x

• roadkiehl wrote:Hey, guys, make sure we're keeping these discussions civil and productive. We don't need to clutter the forums with an argument we've been having for months.

Oh can you just move this debate (the posts involved) to the off-topic and social? because it is getting pretty off-topic here lol
    Last edited by tw2000x on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
    tw2000x

• aclonicy wrote:Mods could you shut this topic down

:shock: nonoonononno please don't shut this down, I've literally spent hours and hours writing my rebuttals. At least if you can't move it to the other forum then just tell me so I can archive these.
    tw2000x

• Ohhh oops I just realised I used my other account lol
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• I actually thought TW2000x was a fake alt account made by topkilla just to troll TW2000...
    bangerz

Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information