One in a million occurrence happened to me.

Just shooting the breeze

• mathwhiz9 wrote:
    pandasecret wrote:
    aclonicy wrote:He said what happened to him was one in a million, then later he said it was a common occurrence.

Unless Juanma was talking about a literal global probability of 1 in a million instead of a figure of speech.
    :geek:
    He could just be trolling us all, 0.0001% for a global population is ~7.4 billion = ~7,400 people could have been viewing this Caribbean yellow sunset, and he was just one of them. If only people in the Caribbean could see this sunset, and the entirety of the Caribbean(~39 million) had an equal chance to view this sunset, Juanma had a 0.018974359% chance to see this sunset on any given day, assuming Juanma knows that the chance to see such a sunset was 1 in a million.
    If Juanma lives to be around 72 years old or 26280 days (life expectancy of the average Bahamian), then Juanma would have seen around 5 such sunsets (~4.9864615452) in his lifetime. Thus, we can conclude that Juanma must be around 14 years old, this being his first yellow sunset which only occurs globally 1 in a million chances.
    :geek:
    Mathwhiz9, feel free to check my math.
    Before you ask, there was no reason I did this other than I was bored...

My name is MathWhiz9, and I approve this message.

Seems legit.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• radioactivity wrote:Roger that.

I hate when people say the word 'stupid' but like it has a 't' at the end. "Don't be so stupit". Yeargh. For some reason quite common where I am.

Of course, it would be one in a million if it was a Dutch person saying it like that I guess.

;)

Hey, wait, what? I am Dutch..
    thekorfballer

• thekorfballer wrote:Hey, wait, what? I am Dutch..

Korf - say 'stupid' for me.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• A 1-in-infinity occurence happened to you when you were born. You should cherish that moment and the rest of history for the rest of your life :lol:
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• Korf - say 'stupid' for me.

Dumb.
    thekorfballer

• Whoa. That was rare.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

• TLDR. (jk.)
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• thekorfballer wrote:
    Korf - say 'stupid' for me.

Dumb.

Wow you are actually pretty stupit... :lol:
    I'm joking you're a great player :D (just not so great with pirates apparently :P )
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

• My sky turned Pink. I'm not even kidding, the clouds above the ground turned pink. Why exactly? I'm not completely sure myself yet, but since it was late sunset, I suppose maybe the last ray of light hit the clouds as it was raining furiously. The clouds may have refracted the light such that my house (and maybe around a 2-3km radius around it) had pink fog. I know, maybe this is common in countries with a lot of fog, but it so happens that in the USA, you don't get a lot of fog at 7:15 PM. Or at any time.
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• topkilla wrote:My sky turned Pink. I'm not even kidding, the clouds above the ground turned pink

You said you lived in the us? What part? (It's fine if you don't want to tell) I live near San Francisco and the place is practically know for its fog. The sky turning orange/pink is a regular sighting where I live. I can snap a picture next time it happens if you want me to.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information