Attention to Detail

Just shooting the breeze
Sat May 14, 2016 4:39 pm

• This is a small attention to detail in Subterfuge that I found. It is actually possible to see a dormant mine. You think it should be impossible since someone has to own the base in order to turn it into a mine, but if a battle there takes place outside of your sonar the image will appear as dormant.

The most interesting part about it is that they made a separate image with the mine's lights off for the dormant mine. Here's an image of a dormant mine and here is a normal mine.

Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Sat May 14, 2016 5:46 pm

• I'm not sure if I should be really impressed that you happened to find this, or kinda scared that you found this. How long were you playing before seeing this?
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat May 14, 2016 7:58 pm

• that's a really interesting find, thanks for noticing that!

Maybe the devs were actually planning to implement a Space Race mode, like in Panda's thread? :D
    There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli
    silverberg

Sun May 15, 2016 1:57 am

• silverberg wrote:that's a really interesting find, thanks for noticing that!

Maybe the devs were actually planning to implement a Space Race mode, like in Panda's thread? :D

yeah the devs seemed to have been planning quite a lot of things....
    Kings aren't OP

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    ----Albert Einstein
    tw2000

Sun May 15, 2016 7:06 pm

• mathwhiz9 wrote:I'm not sure if I should be really impressed that you happened to find this, or kinda scared that you found this. How long were you playing before seeing this?

I found it pretty normally to be honest. I was just curious how my good friend was doing against his enemy and was watching the sub hit his mine and noticed it turned dormant. It was specifically the change of lights on to off that made it noticeable.

silverberg wrote:that's a really interesting find, thanks for noticing that!

I hate to be the killer of dreams, but more likely it was just that they programmed the mine to turn dormant if an out of sonar attack happened, so clearly they knew they would need a dormant mine picture. But we can dream.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Return to Off topic and social

Information