Burned out under the Sea

Just shooting the breeze
Tue May 24, 2016 2:23 pm

• When I first started playing subterfuge I played it as much as I could. I loved subterfuge. I still love subterfuge. The mechanics and diplomacy are like nothing else I have ever seen. But here's the thing, no matter how good a game is and no matter how much you like it you will eventually get burnt out. I am beginning to feel this in subterfuge. While I wouldn't consider myself a forum regular I would call myself a forum common. The community for this game is phenominal and I will probably still hang around on the forums. I wish you luck for whatever else you may be facing.
    chariot rider

Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 am

• I understand, CR.

I think that when you play a bunch of games at once, or a lot of games in a row...you eventually start to feel like Subterfuge is just another responsibility - something you NEED to do, instead of something you WANT to do. I know that happens to me.
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Wed May 25, 2016 11:19 am

• It's the vicious cycle of Subterfuge - but I hope it's also a cycle for you, in a few months, come on in again.
    Best of luck to your future endeavors!
    Reporting from the Bridge
    pandasecret

Thu May 26, 2016 4:34 pm

• It's so sad to see another amazing forumer leave. Chariot, i will never forget the time you destroyed me in that one ESG. Godspeed in your future travels, and i hope to see you back here again!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Return to Off topic and social

Information