My Text Adventure Game

Just shooting the breeze
Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm

• zyxe wrote:Please, feel free to write criticisms, compliments, bugs, and whatever else you find while playing it. I plan to make more of these because I find them rather fun, and feedback would be awesome.

What happened to the assassin? Will she be in the second one? At one point, the hyperlinks broke. Might have been the rat part, but im not sure.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

• nojo34 wrote:Z, that was fantastic. I loved all the Easter eggs. My favorite was
    Scanner wrote:~Sincerely, your friendly No-JD Labs™ engineer.

The quiz was a nice touch, as with Math the second question took me two tries to figure out. I actually had to open Subterfuge to find out the combat priorities for the final question. Overall just an amazing Text Based game.

If you want to, a second one would be great, its evident you spent a lot of time on this so no rush. I may try my hand at one..

Thanks! Your support is very appreciated. I really enjoyed this so I am definitely making another one. I have just been lounging around trying to think of what it would be about. I probably don't want to do a direct sequel, but instead go in a completely new path so that the environment and interactions can be different and fresh.

Also, I highly suggest you give it a try! It is a lot of fun! Definitely go through the tutorial, at least for the most part. It does a good job teaching you what you need to know. And without it, you will easily get overwhelmed.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:49 pm

• nojo34 wrote:What happened to the assassin? Will she be in the second one? At one point, the hyperlinks broke. Might have been the rat part, but im not sure.

I personally haven't found any other times the hyperlinks broke, I think it had something to do with wiping the screen that the hyperlinks don't work.

The assassin's key was the last key added into the game, so as such wasn't able to drastically change the entire pace of the game. I did have a field day creating that little encounter though. Having her show up again in another adventure might be a fun nod. I did hide a little bit more explanation of where she went in the game:
    There is one person in the game who might have known where she went...
    zyxe

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:03 pm

• zyxe wrote:There is one person in the game who might have known where she went...

I should have asked him...

Oh yeah, im currently creating my own game. You'll be the Navigator and will have to choose between going to base A or B. all my other ideas are probably going to shift as i get to know the editor more.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:28 pm

• zyxe wrote:There is one person in the game who might have known where she went...

More Easter Egg Spoilers: You don't have to specifically ask him, just talk to him any time after escaping the room

nojo34 wrote:Oh yeah, im currently creating my own game. You'll be the Navigator and all my other ideas are probably going to shift as i get to know the editor more.

I'm excited! I really enjoy making these and full heartily welcome other people going wild with their creativity! It will be nice to get to try someone else's adventure.

PS, When your making your own, if you have any questions I would be happy to help (with my admittedly limited knowledge)
    zyxe

Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:39 pm

• zyxe wrote:
    zyxe wrote:There is one person in the game who might have known where she went...

More Easter Egg Spoilers: You don't have to specifically ask him, just talk to him any time after escaping the room
    [/qoute]
    *talks with infiltrator* *mind blown*
    nojo34 wrote:Oh yeah, im currently creating my own game. You'll be the Navigator and all my other ideas are probably going to shift as i get to know the editor more.

PS, When your making your own, if you have any questions I would be happy to help (with my admittedly limited knowledge)

I'll probably ask for help at some point. Specifically with the quiz, ill let you know.
    nojo34

Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:54 pm

• I'm too lazy to go back and ask the infiltrator. That was short and sweet, but why did the assassin leave a hammer there for you? If I have time I'll make a subterfuge queen, double agent, or general one
    "Look in the mirror... That's your competition"
    square

Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm

• square wrote:? If I have time I'll make a subterfuge queen, double agent, or general one

Double agent would be really cool.
    nojo34

Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:11 pm

• square wrote:? If I have time I'll make a subterfuge queen, double agent, or general one

Double agent would be really cool.
    nojo34

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:59 pm

• square wrote:I'm too lazy to go back and ask the infiltrator. That was short and sweet, but why did the assassin leave a hammer there for you? If I have time I'll make a subterfuge queen, double agent, or general one

Deus ex malleo? The infiltrator doesn't mention much. He just regards that the assassin jumps into the ocean and swam somewhere. I thought I might as well add in that random throw away line.

A queen, double agent, and general are all excellent characters for a plot. Good luck on your adventure.
    zyxe

Previous

Return to Off topic and social

Information