Your opinion obout other players

Just shooting the breeze
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:35 pm

• Radio:

Aye captain!
    The best person in the entire game to lead a bunch of strangers through a 5v5. Team up with him when ever you can, he won't disappoint you. Tactically competent, diplomatically supurb but most importantly a friendly and decent guy with a good sense of humour.
    thekorfballer

Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:51 pm

• Holy crap! Korf is still here too!?!

Korf is a great player in his own right. Much like roozbeh, hardly really played against him but as a teammate I couldn't ask for better! When he is on, he is quite social as well - but he's one of these guys with the amazing ability to actually leave the app closed for more than 3 hours at a time. A blessing and a curse.

I'd korfball with him anyday of the week.
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

• Radio.
    Oh well.
    Radio is my inspiration. He won my heart when we first battled as I just had bought L2, and that didn't change ever since. One of the best strategists and diplomats I ever came to know, and man he has great sense of humor. Overall, great guy, and one of my best buddies in game.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:18 pm

• Thanks for the kind words Niv. That was a fun game the first time we duelled!

Niverio learned the tools of the trade the right way - making mistakes and wearing them like a badge of honour. Now he is a force in and of himself. Another commrade in arms from the NoJo wars who fought valiantly and with passion! And a great person too.

What love we all have for one another. Lol
    radioactivity

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:24 pm

• radio,

One of the players in the game i have come to know as a friend way beyond the scopes of the game. In every match, his strategy and diplomacy continue to impress me. We've had some great games. The first time we met in Forum regs and an extremely tense rated game with basically all my enemies. in the game, i ended up accidentally suiciding my queen within 24 hours. After my untimely death he ended up allying with all my friends - danny doggie panzer. The rest was history.

Both of us took breaks around the same time but i'm thankful for the many long conversations we had about things that were not subterfuge - love, fear, sex. If danny panzer and Radio are my subterfuge uncles. Danny is the idiot and bully, panzer is the drunk who forgets the pay ye child support bills and radio is the witty one who i actually like.

It might surprise you but once me and radio had a really big argument. but we sorted it out and we're stronger after. I'm glad to call him a friend - in both the casual and competitive subterfuge realm and also in life.
    bangerz

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:05 pm

• Bangerz. The man has a passion for both life and the game. At his peak, he would absolutely throw EVERYTHING he had at his enemies and take well deserved pride in making them pay. When he (rarely) lost, it would eat him up. Brilliant in tactics, except when he lets his passion blind him (double agent / queen combos are not ideal!). Of all the guys I played for and with, he is probably the one who would do absolutely anything for you as an ally.

And yes, very much my best chum ever in this game. He was the first player to whom I ever told anything about the real me. Talked to him about family, life, and love. Until then I had never EVER opened up to an online acquaintance like that.

Our fight had me trying to tell him that real life had nothing to do with games like this - and yet the more time has gone on since then the more I fall away from that position. Having my break really illustrated that. Why did I leave? It was too close. Why did I care? It took me time to realize that who you are can be both your real life persona and the character you build in your virtual community. Victory, defeat, friendship and betrayal can have an effect just as much in the flesh as in ones and zeroes.

Bangerz made me the player I was when I was top of the charts, and hopefully he took what he could from my diplomatic ways as well.

And, finally, story time is still the fucking best.
    radioactivity

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:18 pm

• Gosh. How can I follow that^? Also, sorry to everyone I've talked about (rooz, bangz and now radio) cause I'm not too good with this kind of thing. I like to stick to numbers. But, here goes once again...

Radio is amazing. Very loyal to allies, I don't think I've ever been backstabbed by him or seen him backstab anyone. He's also nice to everyone, even those he doesn't know, like Crover at the time. Diplomacy and strategy work heavily in your favour, and you get things done when they need to be done. I'm so happy you came back, cause you make it a better place just being active again
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:22 pm

• Thanks Math!

The first time I played with math was that Season of Giving game I invented that got me started in the community. I was scared out of my mind of him.

Nine months later it seems quite silly of course cause he is a swell guy who enjoys the game purely on it's own merits. A good player who would rather enjoy the game than suffer to get to the next level - and I cannot argue with that logic.

And the crover thing was the ultimate coup de grace. Still astounded that you kept that to yourself man.
    radioactivity

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:28 pm

• radioactivity wrote:Still astounded that you kept that to yourself man.

I actually slipped up once, and Aclonicy found out about Crover a month or so before I revealed. But that's, it was pretty difficult sometimes

For game purposes, you can do radio if you want, next poster
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:30 pm

• Let's see.... Lots has been said about math and j don't want to be redundant. The whole Crover thing was fantastic. I remember saying "Crover shouldn't be captain because he doesn't know our skill levels" I can imagine math chuckling like a mad man. Recently math has retired the "Mathwhiz9" account because his 200+ are drawing some unwanted attention. I just found they cool.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information