[Tips] Improving Your Mental State for Subterfuge

Just shooting the breeze

• ATTENTION: Nojo, I believe that this tutorial is very useful for regulars and newcomers alike, so it should be stickied for easier access.

So without further adieu, here are some simple steps (with pictures!!!) to help improve your mental state throughout your Subterfuge career.

Step 1:
    Download Adblock here. Adblock is a Google Chrome extension that hides ads from your browser. This is your first step towards achieving true zen, and its uses will be further explained later.

Step 2:
    Visit any page with a posting from Juanma, such as this one. It doesn't have to be a specific post, any one from him will do. I know what you're thinking, "But Zyxe, reading Juanma's post seems like it should be damaging to your mental state, not helping it!" But what you don't realize is that it actually is damaging to your mental state. But this is for the greater good, so just do it!

Step 3:
    With your new found power of adblocking, right clicking should bring up the regular menu, but one of the options should read "Adblock" with the little adblock symbol right beside it. From there you can either click "block this ad" or "block an ad on this page." Both work, but I prefer the latter because it lets you select which thing to change as opposed to whatever your mouse is currently over.

Step 4:
    When you click on the abomination you want to bleach from your mind, a slider will come up which will allow you to make the post completely disappear from your screen. Messing with the slider too much will have unintended side effects. Because adblock works by recognizing and remembering specific html code and always blocking it, this action will carry over to other pages of Subterfuge and will last even after refreshing the screen.

In the picture below I selected to remove his profile avatar.

Step 5:
    Rinse and Repeat on every aspect of Juanma's profile until you have removed every memory of what was previously damaging your mental state. One small consequence is that you can't remove the actual message he posted without removing all messages, but that is a small price to pay. Additionally, you could instead remove his post by inspecting the website.

Conclusion:
    Once you are done, Juanma should be nothing but a faint whisper in the back of your mind that has never existed.

FINAL STEP:
    Once you have purged the impure Juanma off your screen, it is time to continue on and remove all heathens from your computer! In order to gain maximum Mental Sanity it must all be destroyed!!! Your final product should look like this:

ENJOY YOUR PEACE AND QUIET
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• All jokes aside, don't take this personally Juanma, you were just the best example for someone to pick on. :lol:
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

• Z, i read the attention and though "Oh damn this must be important." And i wasnt wrong....

Still, i like how you took the time to make this. If only you could mute in game.. (Not you juan, some douchey L1)
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

• That was awesome .
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

• bullying isn't nice
    vala vice

• roozbeh wrote:That was awesome .

I agree.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

• By the old gods and the new, this is the best thing I've sssnhsre lately!

Well done Comrade ZYXE!
    Supreme Leader; TopKilla
    topkilla

• topkilla wrote: sssnhsre

sssnhsre? :lol: I think someone had a seizure while writing this.
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

• Depression.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity