1 year; one entire, awesome year

Just shooting the breeze
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:10 pm

• As Coltspaeno pointed out subterfuge is a year old. As of October 15th, 2016, subterfuge is one. But I did not get subterfuge on the release date because I thought it looked boring ( :lol: ). I got it on October 18th, 2015. As of today, I have played subterfuge for one year. I created a video to honor subterfuge after playing for one year. one fact about my gold medals may be incorrect due to a certain forumer (you know who you are) challenging my victory (should've killed em when I had the chance). It is on Z's account since I sent it to him to add music to it. Since the in-game recording is easiest, I recorded it on there and there is a game ruunning in the background but it is anonymous so I'll attach faces to names.

me
    Mathwhiz
    Telemitry
    Aclo's brother
    Z's brother
    Our classmate
    Mathwhiz's classmate
    Zyxe
    Z's sister
    Mathwhiz's classmate

I don't talk about the game so the important thing to know is I won (humbly).

If you love subterfuge watch this video because I think you will really enjoy it
    without further ado...one year, of subterfuge
    https://youtu.be/0EceJvRzw9M
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:54 pm

• Plot twist: Smoke detectors are mines.
    I loved all the little jokes and references only we would get. That mathwhiz joke got me :)
    Aclo is no longer l1!!! what!?!?!?! guess TK will have to be my favorite L1 player now *shivers*

Maybe you should make a game so we can join you in when you experience the joy of playing a few games at once.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:25 pm

• Great one year recap! The list of reasons you love the game is wonderful.

I'm glad you love making the videos; I really enjoy watching them!

Thanks! 8-)
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:27 pm

• Oh - and welcome to ranked! Good luck "going for the win"! You'll see just how different the games are as you advance!
    "No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks."

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 am

• Oh boy. That game. I'll watch the video later, but it says it's currently not available?

AGH. ACLO GOT L2. THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END. But seriously, told ya you'd give in sometime ;) :lol:
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:23 am

• Happy Anniversary/Birthday Aclonicy!
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:27 am

• mm1menace wrote:Oh - and welcome to ranked! Good luck "going for the win"! You'll see just how different the games are as you advance!

Yeah, I've heard but I want the extra challenge. In most of my games, the players are pretty horrible and I can usually win or at least medal. It's not usually too big of a challenge. I like challenges so I'm excited to play against some experienced players to see how well I fare.
    Not in device or creed;
    I need no other plea,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:52 am

• aclonicy wrote:Yeah, I've heard but I want the extra challenge. In most of my games, the players are pretty horrible and I can usually win or at least medal. It's not usually too big of a challenge. I like challenges so I'm excited to play against some experienced players to see how well I fare.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I get so bored playing in non-rated games; there are always a few players you can absolutely pub-stomp without any real strategic planning (just aim drillers and go), at least one autoresignation, and lately there seems to be a real problem with multiboxing in casual games.

I'm interested to see if you maintain your "sharkiness" as you move up. :P

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:54 am

• Yeah, multiboxers and quitting are two major issues in unranked, but what's wrong with sharkiness? Is that something avoided in ranked? Or do you just expect me to get beat every time? ;)
    Not in device or creed;
    I need no other plea,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:17 am

• aclonicy wrote:Yeah, multiboxers and quitting are two major issues in unranked, but what's wrong with sharkiness? Is that something avoided in ranked? Or do you just expect me to get beat every time? ;)

I have no idea.

I do think that the higher you go, the more aggressive players tend to get ganged up on early. That doesn't mean they don't exist, and it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't successful.
    That said, it does matter how high you go. As the player pool thins out, you will see more of the same players more often. One backstab earlier (going for the win?), one shady move from another game, those could cost you - or force you to alter your style against that person the next time; it is a fascinatingly complex game, which of course you already know.

I just meant that I think as you get in to more competitive games, it is probable that your strategies will alter a bit, because the games are so different. So, I am curious to see how that happens. Not a criticism in the least, just an observational pondering. :)

-- Mary Wollstonecraft
    mm1menace

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information