Endgame skills

Just shooting the breeze
Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:33 am

• So I finished a game a couple days ago, and I was so happy with the endgame that I wanted to share it with you guys. Sorry there's no pictures/videos, my iPad was being annoying.

Game starts, ranked 8 player domination, I start out strong and end up basically tied with another guy. Then me him (orange) and brown decide to team up, not attack each other, go for top 3. I'm fine with that, nobody is really attacking me so I'm just claiming the resign/eliminated players outposts. It gets down to four people: me, orange, brown and teal, who I'd spoken to before and we had made a NAP. Orange and brown both went the king route, whereas I had a couple admirals, tycoons and MoE. Orange also had a huge sentry that covered the entire map. So orange and brown decide they want to kill teal, I'm fine with that cause it means I for sure won't come 4th and basically just secured a medal.

So I continue to take leftover outposts, when teal messages me saying orange and brown are going to attack me. Brown messages a bit later saying teal was going to attack me. I'm immediately concerned, so I build up my defence. I ask orange if we're still good, he says yeah we are. But I'm wary. Then I'm talking to nojo in a different game, when I see notifications pooping up, saying orange is attacking me. Hop over to that game quick, and notice there's no way I can take him because he had about the same production, but his supersentry and kings would crush me.

I'm at 33 outposts, he's at 28, brown has 14 and teal at 1. Need 40 to win. So, I set up one of my favourite endgame plays yet. Using the admirals, I snipe out gens from orange and brown because the kings removed shield, and send a larger sub to take over a weakly guarded factory. But, that wouldn't be enough, because the sentry would just shoot them down. So, I put the genius touch on it: a 150 driller sub launched halfway around the map so that the sentry would have to only look at it while the rest of my plan went down.

8 hours after orange launched on me, and before any of his subs had time to arrive, I had won. I was very happy.

TL;DR: admirals beat kings and sentries endgame
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:07 pm

• This is brilliant. Distracting the sentry so your admirals can do work I like it a lot.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:54 pm

• Haha, surprised you could focus that much on one game. Good play tho. Manipulating sentries is fun
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:27 pm

• Beautiful work
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:44 pm

• That's awesome! :lol:
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:04 am

• Thats just brilliant!
    He was a fine player :D
    RIP rooz!

(Im alive , just stopped playing !)
    roozbeh

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:27 pm

• thats one way to win.
    the thing is, it will also work in mining, if the game lasts long enough to get that many specs
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:39 pm

• :roll: OMG Kings are so OP :roll:

This demonstrates kings *can* be overcome if you know what you're doing, and don't freak out at the first hypno hire. I recently finished a game where a guy with 2 kings (third was in the pipeline) was taken out and I DIDN'T have to go kings myself. :o but that's another story.

Great work Math. 8-)
    "I work for the company. But don't let that fool you, I'm really an okay guy."
    carter j burke

Return to Off topic and social

Information