His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:10 pm

• Whos, I think not everyone is cut out for school
    Everyone has something they are good at, and it usually turns into a passion. I say that you should continue to try your best in school, and make sure your parents know you try your best. Take time to study, do whatever it takes to do your best. But whatever your passion is, whatever it is that you're good at, work to make sure you are great at it. Be the best in whatever you love to do. Work so hard that no one can ever discredit you from what you do, and make sure no one gets in the way of what you love. If you are good at a sport, try and play rep, get into the big leagues. If you are great at one subject in school, ace it and focus on it for the rest of your life. If you're craft, get into a trade and be the best in the trade. Music, art, dance, sports, activities, community service, military, teaching... I don't know what you're good at. But you do. Whatever it is, be the best there ever was in it. You still have to work hard in school, but it doesn't mean you will be in school forever.
    And if you think you are too old to start, think about this. Eric clapton, one of the greatest guitarists of all time, didnt start playing until he was 15, and didn't get serious until 18. Now he's a legend and a guitar god. Be the best you, in whatever you love to do
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:55 pm

• Were you doing better before Who, or have you always found it tough? If you were doing ok before can you pinpoint what changed?

I went from a crappy school to a good school and discovered how behind I was. I was able to drop a subject, and then work harder in a few others to pull myself up a bit.
    I personally found being a teenager exceptionally crap but it does pass. My relationship with my parents improved significantly when I was able to move out. Unfortunately certain aspects of life are far harder after school, at times I look back and smile at how I had believed I was stressed then compared to now. But the thing to hold onto is it's ok to fail, to screw things up, as long as you learn from it and try again. It's far easier to make a mistake now than in years to come. Also, it's not the end of the world. The 'system' and your family would have you believe it's fatal to have to do resits etc. It's a setback but it's entirely recoverable. No one has asked me what grades I got at school in several years. The key is to just try and pass at least the core subjects and make it through this rough patch.
    graybo

Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:06 pm

• Last summer I moved from Syracuse NY to Rochester NY. In rochester, I am in a huge and very high rated suburban white school and I came from an inner city charter school run by a bunch of Turkish guys which many of I personally knew before I went there because us turks know each other. The charter school was a lot better than the surrounding city schools but it was still considered pretty bad due to the type of students that went there. The downwards trend started years before I went to either schools (5th grade to be exact). The move to the rich white district really made it a lot worse though.

And colt, thanks for your advice. I agree with it completely. I am currently in my schools robotics club and I'm running like half the team despite being the freshman who's new to the district. That team has like 35 people who are only there to put it in their college resume and only 7 of us are active in the club and of those only 3 of us actually work. There's a fat Jewish kid who spends all of every meeting playing with the ball that the robot Is supposed to shoot. I gained a lot of respect from that but the ignorant middle school teacher that is supposed to be the coach threatens to kick me off bc of my grades.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:23 pm

• sayin,
    im gunna be 100% honest with you here,
    dont think "okay time to study" think like this:
    "time to get shit together." start with easier things then studying, it your room is messy clean it, if you wake up in the morning before class and see tge trashcan is full, take it out,
    wash the dishes at a set time every day, wprk out a schedule for your chores.

this will help you not only to establish a schedule, but may also help your parents treat you more positively,

YOU CAN NOT STUDY IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT YOUR PARENTS THINK!

youll constantly drag your mind and feet through the gutters of trig,

i told you i could never study, i never did this in school, it wasnt until my parents kicked me out that i started doing things differently, you can train your mind to work on a schedule, that schedule will stick, maybe you study best in the morning before class? try waking up early and going to bed early.

melatonin is a great choice if its a sleep issue, turn your phone off an hour before bed.

something as simple as solving a rubiks cube before bed helps me sleep,

i read your post and skipped the replies so i may be out of context here,

but positive vibes from your parents are important, i didnt start working on my relationship with my parents until i lived on my own.

dont be me, dont hide in your room.
    accept life for what it is and learn to bend it to fit whats comfortable for you. talk to your parents, tell them that your trying and ask them for help, ask your teacher for after class studies if that helps, it was hard for me to learn around other people (aka other distractions)

just know that one day itll all be gone, and youll miss it, and youll probably work to recreate the feelings you feel now later, if i could go back and do it all again i would, but i cant, i know i cant and i wish i could every day, take it for what its worth now and make the best of it.
    toggy

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:48 pm

• Togs, well said.

Who's, your involvement in the robotics club is awesome. I can tell you that robotics and engineering are huge job gaps in the workforce, and with a college degree (I'm canadian so I don't mean necessarily university) you can get into a wide open robotics field with that kind of experience.
    Talk to the teacher that runs it, tell him about your struggles. He can help you out maybe.
    And Toggy is right, you can start with small things to get your parents on your side again. They only want the best for you, so talk to them about it. Talk, do extra chores, be productive with your time. Don't be like me. Im a senior, I do really well in school (90 average-ish). But I could do way better, because I'm good at school. I am a great procrastinator, so imagine how good I could be if I put in more effort. Don't be like me. I waste my time doing nothing, even though I could get better at what I'm already good at.
    I am a great swimmer, and I take time to swim... maybe I could do that more. I could study more. I could work out more. I could play guitar more. But I don't because I'm lazy sometimes. I need to change, and you can learn from me. I'm only 3 years older than you but I have gone through a lot of really hard struggles, things that have affected me on an emotional level; there are things I have to live with every day, and more keeps happening. But I'm tough, and I use these experiences to better me. I need more motivation though, and it seems that really horrible shit keep happening to me to motivate me more.
    How about we motivate each other? You work towards improving your marks, and talking to your parents to sort things out. I will stop procrastinating and work as hard as I can to organize my life. We can do this, because we are great at what we do.
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:55 am

• Today I feel so bad. I'm supposed to be doing an overdue English paper but I literally can write. I think of what I'm gonna write but when ur comes to put it on paper, I simply can't. My dad comes in and yells at me that I'm a useless piece of shit then goes on to saying that he is the one going through all the stress and he is being affected by my carelessness. I almost feel like running away.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:03 pm

• The key to writing is to find inspiration. What's the topic, maybe we can give you some inspiration
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:01 pm

• I have most of it already planned out and in my head but somehow I can't write it down.I have it all in my head but when I grab a own my mind goes blank.

And togs, about solving a Rubik's cube before sleep, I'm got a few cubes from amazon and they should arrive pretty soon. The order has a 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and 5x5.
    I can solve a 3x3 pretty fast and with the same algorithms I solved a 2x2 too. I can solve a 4x4 fully unless a corner parity occurs but I never touched a 5x5.
    My new party trick:
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:44 am

• try ghost cubes. id get a 3x3 to start... theyre really a challenge, i have this other 3x3 shapeshifter that isnt a challenge, the ghost cube always has me thinking hard for a while
    toggy

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information