Armello

Just shooting the breeze
Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

• So it has been a looooooooong time since I have been here. Too long. And since it has been awhile I just figured I might as well pop in and see what has been going on. I have not played a game of subterfuge for quite a long time now, but I am still looking at other games in this genre, and I finally bought a game that came across my radar a few years ago and I was really impressed with it, and I think that if you like subterfuge you will like this one.

The game is called Armello, and it is a turn based strategy board game taking about an hour to play. In terms of the setting and story, you play as a anthropomorphic animal in a dark fantasy tale, somewhat similar to the darker versions of stories like Aesop's Fables. The once noble king has been corrupted by rot, the dark force of the universe, and is nearing his death. The players all fight for his crown to become the king of Armello. The actually game itself is actually really good, but there are a lot of rules and explaining it would take a long time and I would recommend just looking it up.

Not only does the game play really well, but the art for this game is just amazing. It is so good in fact I have a youtube link for the trailer. Just watch it. The first time I saw this I just was amazed and watched it again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFnvUMtFhHI

If this game at all sounds interesting even in the slightest I highly recommend it, and certainly for people who are familiar with "board game video games" like subterfuge.

So yah it's been nice posting again, though I am not sure how long it will be before I post again. Months, days, hours, years, who knows.
    chariot rider

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:29 am

• Most important questions that you didn't answer:
    Where can we find it and how much does it cost?
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:00 am

• mathwhiz9 wrote:Most important questions that you didn't answer:

$20 on steam. No mobile version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290340
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:28 am

• What the fuck is this shit? I watched the trailer and it seemed like an ok mobile game but this is absolute shit for a pc game. Who the fuck would pay $20 for this shit? You must be ducking retarded to buy this.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 am

• ⬆⬆⬆⬆
    Honest pregame review
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am

• nojo34 wrote:
    mathwhiz9 wrote:Most important questions that you didn't answer:

$20 on steam. No mobile version.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/290340

At least not yet. The developers are currently working on a iPad port that hopefully will be out around novemberish I believe.
    chariot rider

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:14 pm

• whos sayin wrote:What the fuck is this shit? I watched the trailer and it seemed like an ok mobile game but this is absolute shit for a pc game. Who the fuck would pay $20 for this shit? You must be ducking retarded to buy this.

I am assuming that this you are referring to the main "overworld" map. First off I actually really like the overworld. It doesn't need to be complex, as it is not the only bit of art the debs need to juggle. The developers also needed to do card art, and 2d character art for the combat and I feel that this is were they put the majority of their efforts when it comes to art. Also I feel that people mostly bought the game because of its mechanics and gameplay and not for the art, myself included. And remember that people payed $60 for something like no mans sky so I feel this game is well worth the cost for what I got.
    chariot rider

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 pm

• Chariot, is there local play? Could I play a game kf it with my family online laptop? Online multiplayer or just the AI?
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:14 pm

• nojo34 wrote:Chariot, is there local play? Could I play a game kf it with my family online laptop? Online multiplayer or just the AI?

As far as I am aware there is no local play unfortunately. There is however both a single player AI mode and an online multiplayer.
    chariot rider

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:33 pm

• chariot rider wrote:
    nojo34 wrote:Chariot, is there local play? Could I play a game kf it with my family online laptop? Online multiplayer or just the AI?

As far as I am aware there is no local play unfortunately. There is however both a single player AI mode and an online multiplayer.

Fair enough. I'll add it to my wishlist, and maybe we can play when it goes on sale.
    nojo34

Return to Off topic and social

Information