I hate school.

Just shooting the breeze
Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:03 am

• I hate how people can pile up on a person with no regard to feelings in other to gain popularity. I hate how the whole concept of school popularity is based on discriminating against the least unfortunate. I hate how our school system forces religion down our throats and even dares censure those who do not follow their dogma. I hate how most of the twelve to fifteen elemental years needed to get a high school diploma are wasted on pinpointing culprits, drama, useless subjects and pointless festivities designed to make the school money. I hate how our school system punishes those who speak out for the unfair and supports those who oppress. I hate how children are hurt and even killed by the system that ignores, and occasionally even propagates violence and hatred, to the point of suicidal tendencies by victims. I hate the school system that promotes respect more than individuality; and one teaches over and over that the only way to succeed is paying what could be the equivalent to millions of dollars to them. I hate teachers that ignore students that offend, even sometimes going as far as bandwagonning themselves. I hate the school system that ignores creativity and promotes order; it is one that teaches people to behave like sheep and stay stuck to the status quo. I hate a system that does not punish those who punish without need. A system where comedy is unjustified. A system where people are molded into being serious, formal, suit, collar and tie business men. Molded into mediocrity. A system where the most racist, the most sexist, the most xenophobic pick the juiciest fruits. One where intelligence is punished and envied instead of appreciated and used to its utmost potential. One where outrage, especially when that outrage is used to target an individual can be faked and used for extra effect, like a play used to entertain. A system that teaches that being rude and strong is better than being polite yet weak. A system where those who are supposed to protect you offend you.

How fucking shitty.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:00 am

• Check this out.
    https://youtu.be/dqTTojTija8
    It doesn't talk much about bullying but it points it's many flaws in the current school system.
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:53 am

• Sounds like you're having a rough day, Juan. School can seem overwhelming. There are definite reforms needed for the learning system we currently have. It's a good topic to talk about
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

• Come to Canada

I once dated a girl in Florida, and she told me about her high school curriculum.
    She was a senior and I was a junior, yet I had learned things that the American system doesn't teach until college/university.
    And I know that in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, their education systems are much more advanced and ahead (I hope Niv could testify for me on this one) than the North American system. I understand the American system, but I think it is one of the most inefficient and ineffective systems. I know personally the Canadian system, and it shares many similarities to the American. (I don't know exactly about other provinces, but Ontario's curriculum is definitely ahead of the average American school). One issue I also see with the American system is the privatized post-secondary system. Private establishments have become more successful because of low government funding. Meanwhile, in Canada (and even more so in Europe), post-secondary is heavily funded by the government. I believe it was Poland that provides free tuition to all University students, and I'm certain there are more countries with that initiative as well.
    It is becoming harder and harder for students to become successful, especially with the turning of society into a social media-based community. It is easier to bully and harder to stop. Intelligence is not respected because it isn't fun, but at the same time everyone has gotten more opportunity to focus on school (because of more parents who push their kids). Juan, I agree that the school system is not ideal, and that it does encourage some pretty terrible and cookie-cutter attitudes, but unfortunately it is very difficult to change. Every once in a while, though, you will find a good person who will help you to find success and enjoyment. I have a great math teacher, and I've become great friends with him since 10th grade. I'm lucky that in my IB program at my school, I am with a small group of academically-focused students, who I have become great friends with. We don't worry about the other students in the regular stream, and we can interact with them as an escape from the stresses of school.
    I'd like to hear your opinion on the testing system, how teachers and systems evaluate students with tests and assignments, and if it has become overwhelming for students
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:10 pm

• Yes Colts, Europe has a more advanced education system compared to the system in America.
    Imagine how stupid the average person is. Then realize that half of the people are even stupider than that.
    -George Carlin
    niverio

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 am

• Happy birthday Juanma!! I give you gift of not having to deal with the school system on your birthday! Party the night away!
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:33 pm

• nojo34 wrote:Happy birthday Juanma!! I give you gift of not having to deal with the school system on your birthday! Party the night away!

Truly so. Having school on my birthday would have truly sucked all the balls.

Thanks Nojo.
    Don't be Haitian - R10t--

Lolololololol Juan. Always wrecking shit. - Radioactivity

That should sum it up.
    juanma206

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:36 pm

• How are you fluent in english if u hispanic?
    My new party trick:
    I swallow 2 pieces of string and an hour later they come out of my ass tied together.
    I shit you knot.
    whos sayin

Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:40 pm

• whos sayin wrote:How are you fluent in english if u hispanic?

Lol two languages?!? What an impossibility!!
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...
    radioactivity

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:13 pm

• Code: Select all
    THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN REMOVED BY ZYXE SINCE SOMEONE ELSE USED THE GOOGLE BOT ACCOUNT TO POST IT
    Last edited by google bot on Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    google bot

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information