Death By Subterfuge.

Just shooting the breeze

How many games should I play at once?

This Many!
83%
I have to make two options, so I'm just going to add them.
18%

Total votes : 40

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:16 pm

• My advice (and it might be beneficial to follow it, seeing as I've been there before):

Turn notifications right off. Seriously. You're always (ALWAYS) going to have new notifications. Might as well just open the game any chance you have, and check them then. Saves battery, stops distractions by just a bit, and then you get to admire your lock screen
    Loki: I have an army!
    Tony Stark: We have a Discord.

Earth's Mightiest Discord Server!

A new challenger appears! Come join the revolution!

P.S. Those are actually 3 different links!
    mathwhiz9

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:18 am

• Update Day Three

I didn't do this last night becasue I was tired. Checking notifications isn't bad. Once I get going during the day I can check often enough to keep everything up to real time. The only two points I have to sit down and check are in the morning and in the evenings, when I try to clear it all out. Except for las night, when I was too tired to care.

In the games, things are going okay overall. Most of the mining games are smooth, and it's too early to say about the domination ones. It's hard remembering what's happening in all the games, so I have to figure it out every time. No eliminated yet though!
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:59 pm

• Update Day Four!

Today was a pretty good day. I turned down the notifications as recommended by Math, and it did help a lot. It’s actually turned out to be pretty fun once I got into the groove of things. Since I’ve got the time, I figured I would go into an overview of every game, just to give you guys an idea of how they’re all going. I’ll also rank every game from 1-10 for how involved I feel in the game.

Fall of the House of Usher -Mining- Met somebody I hadn’t seen in awhile. Made some peace agreements, did nothing. I’ve just been attacked on two fronts, probably not going to do well in this one. 3/10

Take all but one -Mining- Plopped down a mine, set up a Security Chief, made NAP’s. Nothing much has happened. Juan is here though. 4/10

Domesday -Mining- Mined early, made an ally and now I’m about to attack somebody. Still not too much happening. 5/10

Without a Paddle -Domination- Met some old friends, made a strong 3 part alliance, moving in to kick some butt. Pretty low maintenance, but fun. 7/10

I need to play 13 games at once -Mining- Made some peace, drop a mine, attacked an easy neighbor, then stopped there. 4/10

Loosers Only -Mining- Honestly, I’m not super sure what’s happening. I’m being attacked by too many people, and I didn’t make an alliance. It’s not rally an attack so much as a cold war, but you get the idea. 3/10.

3v3v3 Clearly Defined Teams -Domination- Teams! I usually do poorly in team games, but this one is going well. (Got some strong allies.) 8/10.

Tiny Bubbles -Mining- Made a strong alliance, dropped a mine, then attacked somebody who I forgot about a peace agreement with. (Apologies to TurtleTheCat) Tried to make it up. 7/10

I need to play 13 games at once -Domination- Kinda going solo in this one, attacking somebody without much progress, but a bit. Also, the person I’m attacking got a bunch of gifts from somebody who resigned. Joy. 6/10

Casually rated -Mining- Oofa doofa, being attacked on top and bottom, and getting pushed out quick. Not gonna last long here folks. (Make sure you talk to people, most games where I talk to other players from the beginning, I do better in.) 4/10

Elimination NO MINES -Elimination- Had an enemy turn into an ally, about to attck some people, and I had to use one of my hires on a martyr because some doofus mined on accident. (I’m actually surprised I haven’t mined accidentally either.) 6/10.

Indomitable -Mining- One of the worst layouts I’ve ever had. Still, I met an old friend, (Max, I found bk!) and a strong ally. I’m making some good progress. 8/10

Test.txt -Domination- A five person Domination game. PRetty odd to play, I’m just attacking an easy target right now. 5/10

I need to play 13 games at the same time -Domination- I killed Who’s in this one, now I’m doing nothing Ah well. 3/10

If the tables were turned I would show you no mercy -Domination- I put a 3 part alliance together, and we’re making good progress. 8/10

Show me ya’ moves -Mining- I’m a turtle. Got betrayed (watch out for --------, he’s not to be trusted [Nevermind, he's actually pretty cool. Helped me get fourth instead of last.]), and now I’m turtled. 1/10

Hmmmm… -Mining- Drill mines, hire security chief, sit tight. 3/10.

Fun Times in the Mines -Mining- Sit tight, drill mines. 2/10

National Beer day is April… -Mining- Have you noticed a theme here? 3/10

(Anonymous game so it’s secret) -Domination- Kinda made some allies, I’m hitting another player hard. Not sure how it’s gonna go. 6/10

BW sub gang -Mining- I need a song parody here, ‘Sit tight, Drill mines, Bad players we do it well.’ I made some fun allies at least. Arguments broke out on day two. 4/10

Az-6 -Domination- I dunno. I guess I’m fighting somebody? Not well apparently. 2/10

Sub - Mining- You know the… DRILL! Ahahaha… ha… I’m funding a bunch of people in this one… Is that interesting? 4/10

Sub Sandwich -Domination- Oh boy! This one is intense. A lot of resignations made out for a rush to get outposts. Now I’m trying to fight through some weird barriers. Made a good ally from an old game, and a new one though. 8/10

CE Loko -Mining- Sentries+Mines=Profit 3/10

And there you have it! All my games so far. It’s actually turning out pretty fun. I don’t mind it much at all.
    Last edited by blobbydude on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:56 pm

• I'd probably quit if I tried to play just six or seven at once.

Wish I had your ability not to get burned out :P
    Pacifists in real life are praised.
    Pacifists in Subterfuge are the people no one wants to ally with. I want my gold damnit, attack red!

I'm too lazy to make an alt :) So it's just DrasticAction in-game.
    drasticaction

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:29 pm

• Update Day Five!

You know when you're exercising, and at first it doesn't feel good, but then you slowly reach that point where you enjoy it? I'm starting to reach that point. Not that I love it, but it's growing on me. I'm now turtled in two games, and two or three games are in the final stages already. No eliminations yet though! I've started gathering some more allies, or buying them with funding, in order to assert a solid chance of placing. I'll be pretty curious to see how many of these I can get a medal in, and how many of these I'll gain rank points for. Even though it's getting kinda fun, I'm still excited for the end, mostly becasue of the amount of time I have to spend clearing all the notifications before and after sleeping. Took me half an hour to close 158 just now. Catch you guys later!

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:51 am

• Update Day Six!

Nothing much different here. Lotta games coming to a closing phase, notifications aren't bad. In one game where I turtled I was offered an alliance with the people who made me turtle. Hopefully that game turns around smoothly. Nothing much else has changed.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:47 am

• Update Day Seven!

A couple of games are starting close down, they'll probably be done by the end of the day today. I'm not really sure about my prospects in lost of them though. In almost all the domination games I've done pitifully well, just becasue I couldn't devote the time to it. A couple of the mining ones are going well though. We'll have to see.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:02 am

• This has been entertaining to watch! Are you going to add up all your scores from across the games and see how well you did?
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:21 am

• I demand you make a video recap of all the games blob! :x
    My faith has found a resting place,
    Not in device or creed;
    I trust the ever-living One,
    His wounds for me shall plead.
    I need no other argument,
    I need no other plea,
    It is enough that Jesus died,
    And that He died for me.
    aclonicy

Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:04 am

• Yeah, I'll put together a total score of rank points and medals, see what the damage is.

aclonicy wrote:I demand you make a video recap of all the games blob! :x

Hmm... 26 games times a quick 6 minute recap for each is only 156 minutes, or 2.6 hours; a full length subterfuge movie!
    Maybe I will.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic and social

Information