My Text Adventure Game II

Just shooting the breeze
Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:53 am

Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:50 pm

• This reminds me I need to finish my own text adventure. When I finish yours I'll be sure to make mine.
    Simply put, my job here is to keep the forums afloat through any means necessary
    nojo34

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:49 pm

• I got slapped in the face by the dev of the game for trying to melt my flashlight :(
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:46 pm

• Hey! Mild spoilers I guess but whatever. I tried to give the rat something, but got this message:

> give rat
    What would you like to give him?

Oil Can
    {command:Impure Metal

Then nothing else. I assume this isn't right? Other than that, it's been really fun.

Edit: Hrm, went through vent to the office(?) and tried to read the papers. whole game froze irreparably. I don't mean to keep pointing out problems, it's honestly really fun, and a little creepy. Great job with the descriptions and comments.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 pm

• Mine crashed :(.
    rlin81

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:29 am

• r10t-- wrote:I got slapped in the face by the dev of the game for trying to melt my flashlight :(

Same

It was fun, very good. I didn't get to find any of the extra stuff - didnt find a rat, and kinda wanting to replay to get through all your challenges
    It's very well put-together, and I would love to see more of it. Great fun
    A wise guy's always right; even when he's wrong he's right
    -Lefty, Donnie Brasco
    400th Page TPBM
    coltspaesano

Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 am

• Let me check the rat when i get home, most likely I made that wrong.

Most of the crashing seems to be problems with the website I use. Can't do much with that. Sorry.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:08 pm

• Update 1.0.1

> Rat Issue - Found out that I never finished actually making the rat interactions... Oops. However, it is now all up and running so you can do it.
    I released a really buggy game with parts missing from it? I guess you could call me Ubisoft...
    > Item Issues - Aclo told me that there were several objects that the game let him drop, but didn't let him pick it back up. I checked and that was true. It is now fixed.
    > Crashing Issue - As far as I can tell there is nothing I can do about it. I think it is because my game has a lot of objects in it. The website just is prone to crashing. Sometimes you may notice that the whole website will be down at times, there is really nothing I can do about that.
    > Various Improvements - Every update page needs to say this. I'm having difficulty doing much editing to my game because it keeps crashing. I'll check to see if it is any better tomorrow, but chances may be that I can't really add to much more.

Special thank you to everyone who took time out of their lives to attempt this game. Episode Two will hopefully come out eventually and will take place on the bottom floor. Chances are it will have to be completely separate from the first game or else the crashing issues will get worse.
    Zyxe? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    zyxe

Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:59 am

• Oh also on my quick play through: once you use the flashlight in the room the directions no longer say "you feel a warmth from the furnace." Threw me off and had to go each way to check which way the furnace was lol.
    R10t--
    Software Engineering student by day, avid gamer by night.
    r10t--

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:21 am

• I guess I completed it? Worked fineness on mobile for me (IOS on Chrome), but I never could figure out how to get through that door or craft anything but the suit. Still fun though.
    I'm highly suspicious of your motivations.

My Alts
    Blobbydud - Blobbydont
    - Mathenos
    TallGoat11
    blobbydude

Next

Return to Off topic and social

Information